Dinner plans for our next stay

Started by Rapunzel1, December 21, 2013, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapunzel1

We were at disneyland paris in August and the restaurants were so busy. We didn't know we could make reservations so in March we plan to do things different.

How does this sound:

Thursday evening: inventions
Friday afternoon Hakuna Matata or Colonel Hathi / evening: blue lagoon
Saturday afternoon Restaurant des Stars / evening Rainforest cafe
sunday afternoon: Agrabah  cafe.

We know we cannot reserve for hakuna matata/colonel hathi and the rainforest cafe.

We stay in the disneyland hotel. We are not morning persons so we will not be having a 7am breakfast. Is it too much to go for a buffet in the afternoon? We travel with four children between 4 and 11 years old. Our four year old probably will not eat much. Any alternatives you think we should consider.

In the summer we only ate at fastfood joints and the rainforest cafe. So we do not know any restaurants.

ed-uk

Personally i couldn't eat a late lunch in the afternoon at Restaurant of the Stars, which is an all you can eat buffet restaurant and then have an evening meal in the Rainforest Cafe. Plaza Gardens, Restaurant of the Stars and The Agrabah Cafe are all you can eat buffet restaurants. In fact we seldom even eat in the fast food restaurants. We usually book a table first thing in the morning at City Hall in Disneyland Park or at Studio Services in the WDS.
Ed & David

HFJohnson

I agree, I think Restaurant des Stars and Rainforest Cafe might be too much in one day. I think the DLH breakfast is open until about 11am - you could always head out to EMH for 8-9am and then head back to the hotel and fill up on a big buffet breakfast at 10-10.30ish. That should keep you going until dinner with maybe a couple of snacks in between.

SamT

The first to weeks of march is a French holiday. As a result, the parks will be extremly bussy and reservations are necessary. Week two and three, less so. Since the later part of the month will be quit, it's possible that restaurants like Hakuna Matata, Colonel Hathi and Blue Lagoon will be closed, sadly.

Rapunzel1

Thank you. I already had an idea that it wil be too much. Guess we will just make plans for dinner and for lunch we will see what we will do.

We will be there from 20-23 March. So it will probably not be as busy as in August  ;D . I hope Hakuna matata is open. We really liked that restaurant. And colonel hathi looked so nice from the outside.

If blue lagoon is closed. Any alternatives we might consider? We chose blue lagoon because of its location. A noce restaurant for children is also fine. Our children really like the food at the Rainforest cafe. So something similar is nice.

SamT

Either Blu Lagoon is open, or Walt's in Main Street, U.S.A. They usually switch, expect on weekends, than they're both open (most of the time).
Hakuna Matata is tricky, that's often closed on less busy days.

ed-uk

I can also recommend The Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland for dinner, from our experience.
Ed & David

pialykke

Yes, I agree with HFJohnson, you should use EMH and then go back and fill up at breakfast, book a table for dinner - and just have snacks during the day. We are planning on only booking dinner for our trip (17th - 21st March as well).

Our kids are very early risers, so we will be at the early breakfast slot 7.00 or so, so will be making the most of EMH, but then we will probably just have a snack for lunch and then make a booking for dinner. Our kids aren't big eaters, so we will just play it by ear, if they get hungry, we'll get them something to eat.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe