Queuing and closing times

Started by haribosmum, February 07, 2014, 01:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

Can anyone confirm if the official closing time of the park is the last time you can enter a queue for a ride, or if you need to have started queuing earlier in order to finish the ride by that time (hope that makes sense).  I know fantasyland closes early for Dreams prep just wondering things like Thunder Mountain, if it has a 40 min wait and I join it a few minutes before the park closing time of 8pm am I still able to ride?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

In my experience it seemed to depend on the lines, if they're long they may stop people from going in sooner, but otherwise you can join them a few minutes before the park closes. And you'll find at that time most lines are very short!! Last time I was there I did BTM maybe at 7:40 with no wait at all, and then walked straight into Buzz - and came out just when Dreams was starting  :D

haribosmum

I remember doing it's a small world at 10pm and being the last people off but there wasn't a queue.  Might use the time everyone is finding a place for Dreams to see what we can go on.  Thanks.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DGRavenswood

In general you can enter an attraction until park closing time (Fantasyland excepted). The rides will keep running until the queue is empty. Only in exceptional cases – extremely long queues; private events after park closing – a decision might be made to close earlier. In my experience this happens at most a few times a year.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

fiyero

When I was there one day there were signs saying Frontierland closes at 7pm due to  private event. I thought it odd as the whole park closed at 7 but I guess it meant it needed to be clear by then. Big Thunder Mountain queues were 5 minutes or less in the evenings anyway so guess it would clear quickly.

never2old

I don't think the whole of Fantasyland closes early, it's just the area behind the Castle.

You can still get to Peter Pan (go via Adventureland), and IASW was open too. I think Dumbo may have been open as well but I'm not 100% sure...

haribosmum

I have definitely been on Small World last thing at night so agree that is still open :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20