Spending money

Started by glgittens85, November 14, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glgittens85

Afternoon all

This is a slightly broard question as it varies from family to family however, for a 4 night/5 day stay how much would you 'recommend' we take?It will be myself, my husband and our 2.5 yr old (at the time) daughter

We have not booked any meal options - We will probably do a counter service lunch/buffett dinner however one evening will be at Buffalo Bills.

Souvenir wise, we arent intending on going mad - Mainly it will be a few bits for my daughter and I would like a sweatshirt of some sort!.

I know it is expensive there, they are a business and wise to the fact that people will spend the money! I am however just trying to get an idea of the budget

Many thanks in advance!

Zee79

Disney princess items can be dear so normally about 10euro up, the sweatshirts for adults are normally about 30euro up over, my t-shirt was 26 euro but prices vary depending upon what you want on them.
As a family of 4 we normally take about £600 for meals and souvenirs, kids take their own money with being at that age (10 & 7) which is no more than about 70 euro each but end up getting the money out of us haha. It does depend on where you eat. Your daughter should be free with being under 3 If you buy your tickets for Buffalo Bills in Disney then they are a big chunk of money, going online works out cheaper.

glgittens85

Thanks Zee79

It is my daughters birthday in February so I am planning on getting her Mickey outfit for then rather than pay DLP prices. I have also looked on Ticketnet.fr for Buffalo Bill tickets and can get them for around £35 pp (would I have to pay for my daughter?)

It really is all about food money - I have priced out restaurants for dinner each night but think I may need to ammend my options as it totalled  :o

Lunchtime will just be counter services (I am looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich!)

MinnieEars

If you look at the dining section of dlrpmagic.com they have some prices on their menus so this will be able to help you find a rough idea of costs.

Hope this helps.

Mac

Food wise there are cheaper alternatives depending on where you are staying and if you have access to things like a microwave, kettle or hob. Are you staying on or off site? If you are definitely going to be buying food then French Macdonalds is not entirely fast food and have some pretty good things if you go down past the standard menus. Early of sandwich is next best value, I highly recommend the big round Brownie they have there  :D . Remember if you have the right annual pass you can use it to get a discount in both of these and a few others in the village.

Whatever you do if you are budgeting out your spending money I highly recommend one of those prepay debit cards you can use while travelling. I personally use the multi currency cash passport from travelex as it has the most favourable terms and doesn't charge you any fees if you want to take out cash from an ATM. =) ºoº

ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

Mac

Oh...and one more thing. If you are looking for a bargain on clothes and merchandise, try checking out the gift stores in the various hotels. They almost always have end of line/season or sale item deals you wont find anywhere else. Its fun checking out all the different hotels and you never know, you might just run into a character or two! =) ºoº
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

idylles

Depends on what you want to eat and do and what you want to save up on.  Five days is a lot and the food is expensive in Paris.  Does your stay include breakfast, because that saves up (I mean the hotel).  Also, there's McDonalds and stuff, but consider paying a bit more for quality.  I can recommend Annette and Rainforest, they're not cheap, but they're definitely better than McDonalds.  And you can buy McDonalds everywhere, so it's not special. 

Many people say they won't be going mad, but many just do because you can't really be careful with your money in DLRP.  Everything has a high price and you can't really live on a budget, especially with kids.  If you don't want to spend money, don't go to Paris.

Many things are free for kids under 3, so you're in luck.  I'd say, take about €600 for five days.
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

glgittens85

We arent on a budget as such - I would just prefer not to spend an excessive amount out there, particularly on food

I have had a look at the menu's and priced up some of them - I think we will definitely be having some nice meals so it will just be a matter of lunches. I would certainly prefer not to be going to McDonalds everyday - I can get that here.

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge so breakfast is included.

I am sure it is easy to say you wont spend much but end up spending alot more whilst you are out there, as a previous poster said especially when you have kids!!

Really I was just after an idea, possibly some examples, of what people have taken if you know what I mean?

Mac

Yep, its not so much about being on a budget more a case of not blowing it up! That said, agree with most suggestions so far, about 100 a day should cover an average trip. Just remeber, its a guide not a target  ;)   

glgittens85

Lol - You sound like  my husband. If I have it to spend, I will spend it!!

£100 sounds reasonable

Mac

Haha, believe me I am all for the spending of money when it comes to Disney and DLP! Didn't have a tongue in cheek smiley though  ;D  Also just want to make sure you have enough left over to start planning your next trip once you get back. Ahhh what the hey...start planning it now...oh look just saw  :P (not quite but you get the idea) ºoº

Zee79

Quote from: glgittens85 on November 14, 2013, 02:20:15 PM
Thanks Zee79

It is my daughters birthday in February so I am planning on getting her Mickey outfit for then rather than pay DLP prices. I have also looked on Ticketnet.fr for Buffalo Bill tickets and can get them for around £35 pp (would I have to pay for my daughter?)

It really is all about food money - I have priced out restaurants for dinner each night but think I may need to ammend my options as it totalled  :o

Lunchtime will just be counter services (I am looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich!)

We booked through ticketnetfr and we didn't pay for my nieces when we went to watch Buffalo Bills in May, they are 2. They had to eat from our plates but some of the staff came and gave them some so I think it will depend on who you get on the night. They really enjoyed the show.

stitch147

We always take more than we need. This year it will be just me and my partner going for 3 nights/4 days, we eat in King Ludwigs Castle every night as we love the food and my other half loves the BIG beers!!! We are planning on taking about 1000 euros with us!!!  :o

polar vixen

We fill up at breakfast, and then have a late lunch/early dinner at one of the buffet restaurants, so we only need 2 meals a day, with a couple of snacks.  We generally take 100 euros a day but this doesn't include meals, it's amazing how the little bits add up - character photos. autograph book, a pen, toffee apples gifts etc.

glgittens85

The 2 meals a day sounds like a plan - We are driving over there so I was intending on stocking up on drinks, snacks etc to take with us