New Years Eve - first time visit - not staying in a DLP hotel - help please!

Started by jaynesavage, November 12, 2013, 01:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaynesavage

Slightly miss leading - I have been once before, some years ago, and it was warmer!
However now I am a single mum taking her 9 year old - we are on a coach trip, so will be hopping between the two parks from 10am to 1am on NYE
Where to eat? when to eat? can I book ahead, if not in a DLP hotel?
How to find out the best places to be and when to see the best shows, without getting squashed and lost??
Any and all helps - if only links to someones previous questions/answers gratefully accepted!
Thank you soooo much.

littlemermaid83

I would advise you to pop into the DLH up by Fantasia bar as they have some special things planned for NYE. They do some really cool things every NYE and I'm sure this year won't be any different.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

never2old

You should really book a restaurant (at least for lunch or dinner, if not both, as soon as you can! You can phone them now to book it, no need to stay in a Disney hotel for that. But the parks will be very very busy that day, the last thing you want is to waste your time looking for a place to eat.

If you haven't booked, and just want a meal in the fast food places for lunchtime for example, then I would go to the Disney Village instead of the parks, you may find they're slightly less busy...

This is the number to call for restaurant reservations:

+33 (0) 1 60 30 40 50

They might also be able to tell you which restaurants have special things going on!

jaynesavage

Thank you, I'll give them a call - may have left it all a little late as I was told ages ago I could only book either if I was staying in their hotels, or once I got there...miss informed it would seem!
These forums are invaluable!

Samninetysix

Quote from: never2old on November 12, 2013, 03:19:38 PM
You should really book a restaurant (at least for lunch or dinner, if not both, as soon as you can! You can phone them now to book it, no need to stay in a Disney hotel for that. But the parks will be very very busy that day, the last thing you want is to waste your time looking for a place to eat.

If you haven't booked, and just want a meal in the fast food places for lunchtime for example, then I would go to the Disney Village instead of the parks, you may find they're slightly less busy...

This is the number to call for restaurant reservations:

+33 (0) 1 60 30 40 50

They might also be able to tell you which restaurants have special things going on!

Yep, what ^^^^^^^^^^^ said

We went this year for halloween and it was in the half term, finding somewhere to eat was a nightmare - give them a call and book something asap, it's not too late