disneyland hotel castle club

Started by courts21, November 04, 2013, 04:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

courts21

Hi all just wondering if anyone whos stayed in the castle club rooms before remembers roughly how much it is a night . As ive just had a quote and it works out about £6000 per night any info will be appreciated .

never2old

Is that for one of the big suites??  :o

We've stayed in the normal rooms in the Castle Club (with a park view), at the time it was around 1200 EUR per night (but it was a few years ago). We also stayed once in a Junior Suite and that was about 1800 EUR...

courts21

Yes it is so we won't be staying in one of those  :)
so im a bit confused though as to whats available in the disneyland hotel I wasn't aware there was another option for a room/ suite with a park view, as ive never stayed in the disneyland hotel before but its something me and my other half were looking at as we had to cancel our last trip.

never2old

Ok, let's see if I remember all the possibilities...

You have of course the standard DLH rooms. They're lovely of course, and if you stay there you'll have a DLH fastpass (one fastpass per person per day).

Then there is the Castle Club. The "standard" CC rooms are similar to the normal DLH rooms, main difference is that you have access to the Castle Club lounge overlooking Main Street and the Castle (for breakfast with the characters and drinks and snacks during the day), and you get a VIP fastpass (unlimited access to the fastpass rides during your stay). There's also the private lift from the park entrance to the Castle Club floor, which saves you a bit of a walk and to be honest feels great  ;) Some of the Castle Club rooms have park views (they cost a bit more than the non park view rooms, but to be honest if you're already spending a lot of money on the CC, you might as well spend a bit more for a park view one!!)

Then there are the suites.

The Junior Suites are not in the Castle Club floor, but you still get access to its lounge and all (benefits are the same). The rooms are much bigger though, you have a bedroom and a separate living room, and a huge bathroom.

Then there are other suite types (I think the Tinkerbell and the Walt's suites? I don't know for certain), which are basically bigger and bigger, until you get to the biggest one of all, the magical Sleeping Beauty Suite

If you can stay in a park view Castle Club room, you can be sure you'll have an amazing stay in a gorgeous room (with incredible views) It's a wonderful experience and a real treat!!

courts21

Thanks so much for your help :)
Im betting its probably going to have to be a normal room in the disneyland hotel dont think im going to be able to convince him for anything else now based on the prices although im hoping the extras may sway him.
Can you get an ordinary room with a park view ?

never2old

No, park view is only in the Castle Club, but you can still get a normal room with a bit of a view. I've stayed once in a standard room and it was to the sides, next to the entrance, we could see the top of City Hall, and Big Thunder Mountain behind it.... Not an amazing view to be honest  ::)

If you do decide to go for Castle Club, you need to book it as soon as you can. They seem to always be fully booked!!

daddyof2

We ended up booking at HNY because it was £500 cheaper than a STANDARD room at DLH, and yes I know it's not quite as good, but the only other time I've been was also at HNY and it was lovely. If my lottery numbers had come up last night, I'd be upgrading to a suite at HNY or DLH...but obviously they didn't. Are the Castle Club or Empire State Rooms really that much better than standard rooms?

never2old

We stayed in the Empire State Club last may and to be honest, I'm not sure we'll bother with the upgrade again. The rooms themselves are the same as the standard HNY ones (same as in the Castle Club the rooms are the same as the standard ones). It was nice having the private lounge in the ESC for breakfast (though I love having breakfast in the Manhattan restaurant, I've never had any problems with crowds or anything there, and the food is just as good). Of course in the private lounge we did have Mickey and Launchpad that came around (and for my daughter it was simply amazing to see Mickey every morning like that). And we had the VIP fastpass, which was useful since we could get Peter Pan done a few times with no wait. Don't get me wrong, the ESC was really nice, but the New York is already a great hotel and I'll be very happy to stay in a normal room there. The only thing I would really miss is the VIP fastpass (but while our daughter is not in school we can go outside of the school holidays, so long queues are not really an issue yet)

The Castle Club however, it's different, and although I would never turn a stay in a normal room down, I would much rather stay in the CC!! And to be honest, over the years we have stayed many many times in the New York, a few great times in the Castle Club, and only once in a normal room in the DLH.

The perks are similar to the ESC, but I find you get to use them a lot more in the DLH than the HNY. For example you can easily go back to the lounge there in the afternoon for a little break with coffee and cakes. We didn't go all the way back to the New York for that... And then of course you cannot compare having breakfast overlooking Main Street and the Castle, with having breakfast overlooking a car park!! Or going to bed with the park just outside your window.... The general service is also a lot better, I think because the reception desk is in the Castle Club itself, you see the CM there a lot more and it's easier to ask them for anything you want (or for them to make sure you're having a great time) They greet you by name! In the Empire State Club we only went to the reception for checking in and checking out....

Yes it's ridiculously expensive, and it's getting harder and harder to justify a stay there. The way prices keep going up it will be soon cheaper for us to fly and stay 10 days in WDW than a couple of nights in the Castle Club.... But if you can afford it, and you want to treat yourselves to a truly special stay... Well the Castle Club is worth it.

This was the view from the balcony in our room last time we stayed there  :D

gemma2806

Wow now that's a view! I'd love to be able to afford to stay here but at the moment that is just a dream for me!  :)

courts21

See that view just looks amazing .
Think I've got some persuading to do now  ;)

daddyof2

If your persuading goes well, see if he'll pay for my upgrade too  :)

mnewcourt

The view is amazing. I just can't spend that amount of money on it. I would love to be able to do a tour of the Castle Club one day.

Ravenseye

It's good to have an ambition  :)  I can dream of staying in CC at DLH, save for it, or just keep hoping for a Lotto win!
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...