HELP!!!!! WILL I FIT ON THE RIDES???

Started by teagansmummy, October 03, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teagansmummy

Hey all i am going to disney land paris in december, well im a big girl yet ide like to go on the rides.... does anyone know what they are like im a size 22-24uk size.... i dont want to que up and then embaress myself :-[ so any advice would be most grateful ;D 

orangarnold

I was a size 16-18, now dropped a size bracket. But I was ok, there seems to be a fair bit of leeway with harnesses but some seats were a squeeze bum space wise. I'm going next week and going mainly for rides so I shall let you know how I find things

spacemountainplatypi

Most rides should be fine, but rides like orbitron may be a little uncomfortable.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

bad-pink-tink

Im not sure if the size dimensions of the rides differ between the American parks and DLP but I go to Disneyland California with a female American friend who is approx 6 foot 3 and I would say is bigger than UK size 24. I have never heard her say she is not going on something due to her size. I wouldn't worry about something like that so don't skip something just cos you think you may be too big. Have a go at everything and just loose yourself in the magic of Disney  :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

teagansmummy

Thanks guys :) im hoping to loose more weight before we go i dont wanna miss out on the fun haha just nervouse due to not wanting to embaress myself xx

nathalie

To be honest, I'd be more afraid of the turnstiles you have to go through, those are extremely narrow (in my opinion).

jax

Hi,  I am fairly large in size about 20-22 and go on all the rides,  the only one which is a tighter squeeze in the bum department is crush but I still fit ok, and it is am amazing ride.
The over shoulder harneses come down to suit the individual where as the bar rides like Thunder mountain come down on both so if you are sitting with a skinny person the bar may   not be tight on them but ok on you.
hope this helps,  and enjoy the rides.  :)

bad-pink-tink

also just a thought, dont worry about the "boat" rides like Pirates or Its A Small World. I have been on both with my American friend and the "boat" didnt sink or tip over. The boats are actually on a track under the water so you wont be too heavy  :)  but the boat may be lower in the water for some parts of the ride.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stitch147

I am a size 22 - 24 and havent had a problem on any rides.

PrincessA

I promise you, you won't have any problems on the rides. Don't let any worries ruin your trip. Have a great time!

captain rocket

I'm a big bloke and the only rides that I would advise against for you is Orbitron, Crush and RC Racer. Orbitron is very narrow and quite difficult to get in and out of. Crush has a different kind of restraint and has to come down on your lap, if you have a large stomach, and I have!, it can be difficult and very uncomfortable. Rc racer has an over the shoulder harness that is very tight.
If you want to try these rides then go ahead, if you can't fit you just leave! and if you are worried about being embarassed, don't be, you will never meet any of these people again!
have a great trip!

teagansmummy

thank you everyone :) i am sooo looking forward to going will make a not of the tighter fit rides and probably avoid them to save embaresment lol however i will now look forwad to the others :) just been so worried about and i think i still will be until i actually get on one but this post has now reasurred me a bit thank you xxx

SGregory27

I was a size 24+ back in Feb this year and was ok on the rides. Crush was a bit of a squeeze and orbitron was a bit hard to get out of.  I went on the horses on the carrousel with my 4yr old and couldn't get the belt round me, ( I did have lots of extra layers on too as so cold) and was told I could stand by the horse my daughter was on but not sit on horse myself, that was a bit embarrassing :-[

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

teagansmummy

sgregory47... thank you so much for that info :) its made me feel much better knowing someone around my size has been on the rides there :) the one i really really wanna go on that i have seen advertised somewere if an aerosmith ride would i fit in that if its there lol sure i wasnt imagining though lol xxx

BoristheSpider

Hi, I'm sure you will be fine!  Do they have the test seats like UK theme parks?