[DLR] A DLP-style frosted Christmas castle?

Started by Anthony, March 27, 2007, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

This is pretty unseasonal, but Al Lutz' update at MiceAge today has this interesting detail which sounds veeery familiar:

Quote from: "MiceAge.com"First up will be a new twist to the Believe In Holiday Magic fireworks that play during the Christmas season. We'd told you back in January that a proposal was being worked up to add a new snow effect on the Castle at Disneyland. That project has now been green-lit, and it promises to be quite memorable.

During the daytime the frosty decorations will appear as though a rare California snowstorm just dumped a good six inches on Anaheim, and it will certainly be a must see for anyone visiting Disneyland for the day.

But when night falls is when the new special effects and lighting technology will create the true "WOW!" moment that Disneyland's Entertainment Department is so well known for. During the fireworks the existing snow and icicles will use embedded lights and digital projections to shine and glimmer in synchronized choreography, much like the flame and pyro effects make the Castle the center of attention during the Remember shows. But for the snowy grand finale, they'll really pull out all of the stops.

Additional snow machines will be installed around the Central Plaza and in front of the Castle. As the snow falls from the sky (or at least the soap machines hidden in the trees), scores of LED lights embedded in the Castle and decorative snow will make it appear as though sparkling new snow is piling up on the turrets, windowsills and rooftops all over the Castle itself. As the reworked grand finale comes to an end, the Castle will look newly drenched in snow and it will continue to sparkle and shimmer for the rest of the evening under this new layer of the white stuff.

DisneyParksFan

lol, I had just finished reading over that update
yeah...it sounds very familiar ;)

After all, isn't the guy who is now in charge of Disney Parks Worldwide, the former head of DLRP? But I dont know the year he left.

~DisneyParksFan

Patrick

Quote from: "DisneyParksFan"lol, I had just finished reading over that update
yeah...it sounds very familiar ;)

After all, isn't the guy who is now in charge of Disney Parks Worldwide, the former head of DLRP? But I dont know the year he left.

~DisneyParksFan

Oh he left a long time before the cool stuff arrived at dlrp.  He was the ceo who built wds, personally I see this as another Paris improvement, really great to see these ideas from paris being used in the other Disney parks.  Shows yet again Paris is probably one of the greatest disney resorts :wink: .

penfold12

Slightly off topic, but what percentage of changes/new attractions are designed by the DLRP team as opposed to the Imagineers over in LA?

1FoolishMortal

Quote from: "penfold12"Slightly off topic, but what percentage of changes/new attractions are designed by the DLRP team as opposed to the Imagineers over in LA?

Do you mean changes at DLP, or changes at the parks worldwide?
"Keep Moving Forward."
- Walt Disney

penfold12

Changes for DLRP. Are they all decided in Paris, or over in the States?