Dining HELLLLLPPPPPP!!

Started by debz1402, September 24, 2013, 10:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debz1402

Hey guys  :D  we meaning myself, hubby, daughter 10 and son 5 are off to DLP 7th - 10th Feb 2014 for the first time EVER staying at Cheyenne for our little mans birthday as he will be 6 on the 14th Feb but kids are back at school then  :(

We are booked on full board standard (apparently as we are staying at cheyenne we cant book premium not sure if this is correct though???) Anyway I am struggling to decide where to eat and could really be doing with some advice!

Our Flight lands at 9.20am on the Friday so I am guessing by the time we check in and get our bits and bobs it will be around lunch time and our eldest who eats like a horse will be mega hungry!! any suggestions for the friday lunch and eve meal would be appreciated! Was thinking about Annettes diner?

Now on the sat we have the bbwws booked for 9.30pm I have read that the food is a bit hit or miss would you suggest eating before we go (little man doesnt eat much anyway!) or should we keep that voucher for the Monday as our flight back to the UK isn't until 8pm

On the Sunday we are planning to have this as little mans birthday day so we have ordered his cake but they want to know where we should have it presented to him we were thinking about resteraunt des stars is it any good just thinking that might be nice as little man loves remy.

Like I said we had wanted to book premium so we could do the bfast and lunch with characters and could have used our eve meal ticket for bbwws but travel agent said this isn't possible would you say it is worth booking bfast with the characters just asking as I am sure there will be lots of characters walking around?

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys  ;D  xxx[size=78%] [/size]

ed-uk

Yes, i think Annette's Diner in Disney Village would be a good choice for lunch when you first arrive before finding your way around the parks. There are other restaurants in the village which you will pass, like the Rain Forest Cafe and King Ludwig's, you could always check out their menus at the entrance.
I should say i like Restaurant des Stars in the Walt Disney Studios and your son should get the chance to meet Remy. The Restaurant is themed to look like a studio canteen, but the buffet is very good. I would prefer the grander Plaza Gardens for my birthday, but then i'm not 5.
Ed & David

kelly.dylan

We like Annette's too, good choice or lunch.
Cafe Mickey for the character meals is a good opportunity for autographs and photos. Unfortunately the days of characters walking around the park are pretty much gone. Most have scheduled meet & Greets or you can follow the anniverary train and catch the characters as they come off for their meets. Be prepared for a free for all if there is no queue though. Although maybe in Feb you could be lucky with crowds etc.
I've always found the most civilised way to meet the characters is at a character meal :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

amanda08

Hi, just to let you know your travel agent is wrong. You can book any class of half/full board regardless of hotel. Tell them to phone Disney and sort it out for you.

Have you thought about cafe mickey for the birthday dinner? That is such a great place to celebrate. My DS had his birthday cake there in May and we had Mickey standing on the chair being the conducter getting the whole restaurant singing :D !

Dont forget, even if you stick to standard value vouchers, you can also use these at face value at all the restuarants and just pay the difference due. Also, cafe mickey you dont have to order set menu's, you can just order pizza to share etc and pay with your vouchers as cash
Have a fab trip!

SVioletS

Hi!

With the vouchers you can still eat in most places, i.e. you can eat above, in restaurants listed as plus or premium. What you do is use the vouchers for their face value and pay for the difference.

Also i am not sure if you go directly to Disneyland (call the reservations line) if you can't upgrade from standard...

I'm considering Café Mickey for DD birthday in April! :)

Good luck! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

debz1402

Thanks guys I spoke with the travel agent and told her to call disney and we are now booked on full board plus  ;D  so we are now going to do cafe mickey and have lil mans cake there he will love it!!

Now just trying to organise the rest of the time I hate leaving things to the last min so we will have all of our days planned for the whole trip by December hehe!

Thanks for your help lovelies xx

SVioletS

Just adding, with full board plus you can have both meals at buffet or table service restaurants! you won't go hungry :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

debz1402

That is fab :)  so glad there is a better choice of places to eat as little man has a food phobia so doesn't eat all that well so a good variety for us is essential and the fact that all our meals are covered means spending more on souvenirs! xx