Quiet refuges

Started by daddyof2, August 20, 2013, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyof2

I'm visiting next June (yes I AM overexcited already) with 2 small children (2 and 3). I'm thinking that there will be times that we may just need somewhere quiet to go for periods to prevent meltdowns. I've thought that pin trading will be a quiet activity at busy times, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions

gemma2806

A good place, for adults to rest at least!, are the two playgrounds Pocahontas Indian Village and Pirates Beach. My then 2 year old loved being able to play at the Pocahontas Indian Village that much we ended up there 3 times.

If you are staying at a hotel with a pool or playground then these are always good spots for some down time.

If your kids like Mickey Mouse cartoons take them to Cinema Mickey which shares the Cafe Hyperion building. There are seats here with continuos shorts playing plus you can take food or drink in here if you don't want to go into the Cafe Hyperion.

If you are staying at the Cheyenne or at least if you don't mind trekking there, they have a lovely outdoor fort playground and depending on the time of year they also do pony rides.

If I think of any others I'll let you know!

daddyof2

Thanks Gemma, we're not staying at the Cheyenne but that might be a good standby - I had thought the hotels would be good when the parks were heaving

PrincessA

The Alice in Wonderland maze is quite relaxing and has cute little benches to sit down on.
If it's open, in my experience, the casey jnr/ les pays de contes de fees boat ride have been quiet areas; probably because people assume they're closed.
Have a great trip! :)

Pete's Dragon

Pocahontas Indian Village is a great place to let to kids run around for half an hour. Grab a nice shady seat just before the entrance and let them run free !

tubbsy

The band stand or the center up by the castle - grab yourself an ice cream/hot drink-depending on weather. And watch the world go by :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

orangarnold

I know it's out of the parks but I love Starbucks for a quiet half hour and decent coffee. I really don't like the coffee in the park for some reason

never2old

Quote from: orangarnold on September 22, 2013, 09:59:58 PM
I know it's out of the parks but I love Starbucks for a quiet half hour and decent coffee. I really don't like the coffee in the park for some reason

That's because the coffee in the park is terrible  ;)

orangarnold

Quote from: never2old on September 23, 2013, 04:51:27 PM
Quote from: orangarnold on September 22, 2013, 09:59:58 PM

That's because the coffee in the park is terrible  ;)

Yes it is, I was trying to be polite. Is it just me or is it just too sweet and almost caramel like in flavour?

daddyof2

I do love a Starbuck's - I've also thought that if I can get the kids interested in pin trading, then a bit of that might be a good way of calming down a little

Thaliel

places I have found relaxing would be on either of the steamboats, in front of the BBQ barn/near or in roundup village, and the whole corner starting from gibson girl to plaza gardens, outside of disneyland park, I also enjoy any of the gazebos in front of DLH and of course the benches around lake disney, preferably in the evening
<-Plz click