February Trip Stress

Started by gingajen, September 15, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingajen

Hi all
We have taken advantage of the 30% off offer that's on at the moment and have booked a long weekend in the Cheyenne from the 14th-17th February 2014. I have never been to DLRP during the Winter months before, only ever visiting Easter weekend or Whitsun and I have no idea what to expect. I'm a little worried that there will be a lot of closures as it is out of season. If it rains, does all of the magical atmosphere go? I have never even experienced rain there!
I know there has been nothing confirmed in regards to Dreams, but is there any other sort of entertainment? Does the parade still go ahead? As a rule, does DLRP do anything special for Valentines day?
Is it very quiet or busy during the February half term break?
I'm sorry about all of the questions, but I'm worried that we've made a mistake with booking for that time of year.
Thanks in advance xx

BoristheSpider

Quote from: gingajen on September 15, 2013, 11:59:09 PM
As a rule, does DLRP do anything special for Valentines day?

I'm certain that I have seen pictures around the web of a Valentine's parade & decorations.

Hopefully someone else can answer your other questions, though I'm sure Disney in any season couldn't be a mistake :-)

never2old

I've done DLP many times in the winter (January and February usually) and always had a great time. It's true that you may find some rides closed for refurbs (popular time for that) but most of the park will be open. The cold seems to keep people away, and having little queues for most rides will help make up for any rides that are closed...

I've had all kinds of weather in DLP and the worst by far is the rain. The worst trip we had was 3 years ago, 3 days in November where it rained heavily non stop. It was awful. February is normally drier though (usually it's too cold for lots of rain  ;) - you may even get some snow!) In any case you'll need to dress up with warm, waterproof clothes!! Layers are always useful...

Don't worry, you'll have a great time!

Mitchell

Quote from: gingajen on September 15, 2013, 11:59:09 PM
Hi all
We have taken advantage of the 30% off offer that's on at the moment and have booked a long weekend in the Cheyenne from the 14th-17th February 2014. I have never been to DLRP during the Winter months before, only ever visiting Easter weekend or Whitsun and I have no idea what to expect. I'm a little worried that there will be a lot of closures as it is out of season. If it rains, does all of the magical atmosphere go? I have never even experienced rain there!
I know there has been nothing confirmed in regards to Dreams, but is there any other sort of entertainment? Does the parade still go ahead? As a rule, does DLRP do anything special for Valentines day?
Is it very quiet or busy during the February half term break?
I'm sorry about all of the questions, but I'm worried that we've made a mistake with booking for that time of year.
Thanks in advance xx
It depends what you are in to, I'm not too sure about shows etc, but V Day was a gold mine for rare characters this year, Marie's new look debuted and she was joined by Berloiz and Tolouse for the first time in any Disney park, plus Bianca, Bernard, Chicken Little, Abby Mallard and many others were out and about, I'm hoping to go next year to experience it for myself!
You definately haven't made a mistake booking then, Valentines Day is a fantastic time to spend in the park if I'm honest :D

I hope you have a great holiday :D
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

Zee79

Don't think you have made a mistake, DLP is magical any time. As for the weather, we have been Christmas, May, Summer and have had fantastic weather and awful weather at these times. Last summer and May this year it poured down! christmas time it was cold like you would expect.
Rides: May this year BTM was shut so Frontierland was quiet and we were able to ride Phantom Manor a number of times without queues.  If rides are closed then you always find other rides to do, it doesn't get spolit.
Personally I would prefer to go these times than in the summer but unfortunately being a teacher and now with rules changing for taking children out during term time means we have to go during school hols but we really enjoyed May half term. Feb will be great. Just relax and look forward to your holiday  :)

daddyof2

There are quite a few indoor rides and attractions, so these won't be spoilt whatever the weather. It'll almost definitely be quieter than summer, so queues will be shorter. Make sure you pack the right clothes and you should be fine whatever the weather does. The only things I can think that wouldn't be so good are photos or if you get soaked to the bone with no dry clothes to change in to.

sarahh83

we are going 12-16 feb, last year we went 13-17 december and the weather was actually warmer than here and we just had half a day of rain ... it certainly didnt deter from an amazing time!

im looking forward to valentines and trying to get those rare character moments ... im hopeful of a photo with mickeyt and minnie together haha

First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs