Rio Grande room at the Cheyenne?

Started by ilovedisneylandparis, September 16, 2013, 04:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has booked a Rio Grande room at the Cheyenne before? I know they're not a whole lot different to the Buffalo rooms (if at all, actually!) but we found that last year we were so close to the reception and the shuttle bus drop-off that it was a struggle sleeping, which affected our time in the parks cos we were sleeping so badly and had less energy during the day  :'(

We were thinking it'd be worth it to pay a bit extra this year and go for a Rio Grande room (further away from the reception etc but a lot quieter - and nearer the Rio Grande, I guess!) but can't see an option to do so online - is this an extra you have to request over the phone? Thanks very much, any advice/tips would be very much appreciated  :D

captain rocket

Rio Grande rooms are more expensive so they should appear on the site, maybe the date you are looking for has sold out of them? You can always email the hotel and ask for a room that is not near reception, or even make that request when you arrive! It would'nt be guaranteed, but if you don't ask you don't get!

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: captain rocket on September 16, 2013, 06:30:32 PM
Rio Grande rooms are more expensive so they should appear on the site, maybe the date you are looking for has sold out of them? You can always email the hotel and ask for a room that is not near reception, or even make that request when you arrive! It would'nt be guaranteed, but if you don't ask you don't get!

Thanks for your reply! I couldn't see anything on the site but maybe it's just me - I did call up DLP directly and ask though and they quoted me £830 for 3 nights even with the current offer which seems extortionate to me considering the standard room cost would be £598!

I think you've got the right idea - I reckon we will book a standard room and then tick the 'quiet' box when we book, then call a few days before and ask for a room that isn't too close to reception. It doesn't seem worth paying that much extra I don't think!

Thanks again :)

captain rocket

I think I read somewhere on here that they allocated rooms about 7 days prior to arrival, so it may be worth bearing that in mind? have a great holiday!

Boxy

Hi Geekyjo, there is usually a facility when booking on the Disneyland Paris website to change the type of room you want. It can be found under the room description in the orange panel , about two thirds down the panel , as 'select a different room type'. A pop up box describes which rooms are available and the amount you can pay or the amount you can save by changing which type of room you would like.
Hope this helps.

BoristheSpider

Is the Cheyenne Toy Story/Woody themed at all? Or just general Wild West? x

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 18, 2013, 05:28:40 AM
Is the Cheyenne Toy Story/Woody themed at all? Or just general Wild West? x

As far as I know it's still general Wild West at the moment, but Woody is always used to advertise it in the brochures and other hotels such as the Santa Fe have been re-themed to a specific film so you never know! I know the Cheyenne is being refurbished as we speak, at least in parts :)

Quote from: captain rocket on September 16, 2013, 08:46:06 PM
I think I read somewhere on here that they allocated rooms about 7 days prior to arrival, so it may be worth bearing that in mind? have a great holiday!

That's brilliant, thank you! I remember we called last year to book a specific room about 3 days before and they were lovely, really helpful, so I'll get our hotel map out and try to suss out where a good room would be!

Quote from: Boxy on September 17, 2013, 09:26:37 PM
Hi Geekyjo, there is usually a facility when booking on the Disneyland Paris website to change the type of room you want. It can be found under the room description in the orange panel , about two thirds down the panel , as 'select a different room type'. A pop up box describes which rooms are available and the amount you can pay or the amount you can save by changing which type of room you would like.
Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Boxy, I never noticed that before! That does help, I will check to see if the prices match up to what we were quoted. I wish I'd picked up on that before, would've saved me a lot of money on the phone bill haha :( although I did get to hear Magic On Parade play in the background when I was on hold and that always makes me happy  ;)