What Would You Like To Know?

Started by gemma2806, August 22, 2013, 01:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

Hi all, I thought I'd try and be helpful.

I'm heading back to DLP on the 24th November for a 7 day stay for the Christmas Season at the Sequoia Lodge.

I thought I'd put this topic on now and give people a chance to think and let me know in advance if there is anything that people would like me to find out for them whilst I'm there.

If you have any questions that you want answering about a specific ride or attraction, a restaurant or basically anything you can think of (within reason!) then I will be happy to find out this information for you whilst I'm there, if I possibly can.

Feel free to post any questions on this topic and I'll make a note of them and hopefully provide a detailed answer for you when I get back as well as my trip report.

I'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge Hotel in a Golden Forest Lake View Room but I'll also be making visits to the Disneyland Hotel, Hotel New York and the Newport Bay Club hotels, mainly to use their bars but also for a general nose around!

I aim to try and do every attraction on this visit and see any shows that may be on etc as I will also be travelling with my 4 year old son and my partner.

At the moment, as it stands, we shall be eating at the Hunter's Grill, Cafe Mickey, Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood, Annette's Diner, Walt's - An American Restaurant and Plaza Gardens Restaurant, plus many of the counter service restaurants in the parks and some of the food outlets in Disney Village.

So please feel free to ask away and if you have any questions about places I've not listed above, still feel free to ask them and I shall try my best to answer these for you when I return.

Gemma
X

bad-pink-tink

Brilliant post thank you so much.

Im also going to Sequoia Lodge  December 23 to 27 so I will be very interested in your posts. I have been to DLP but not during Christmas season.

For now I guess my first question is about the room. Any info about the room, location, whats in the room etc would be most helpful. Also in Sequoia Lodge how Chrismassy is it, whats the tree like, is there anything special not to be missed?
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

gemma2806

Thanks bad-pink-tink for your questions, I will certainly find this out for you x

missoverexcited

I just saw someone ask if pool towels were provided at HNY, if made me wonder the same about Sequoia Lodge.

Thanks Gemma!

Princess Chloe

Hiya missoverexicted we went to sequioa lodge in september last year and they provided swimming towels but you had to pay 2 euros for them.

Zee79

Quote from: "missoverexcited"I just saw someone ask if pool towels were provided at HNY, if made me wonder the same about Sequoia Lodge.

Thanks Gemma!
We visited the Sequoia in May and just used the towels provided in the rooms and the maids changed them.

Quote from: "bad-pink-tink"Brilliant post thank you so much.

Im also going to Sequoia Lodge  December 23 to 27 so I will be very interested in your posts. I have been to DLP but not during Christmas season.

For now I guess my first question is about the room. Any info about the room, location, whats in the room etc would be most helpful. Also in Sequoia Lodge how Chrismassy is it, whats the tree like, is there anything special not to be missed?

The room depends where you are put. You have the main hotel that have the Montana rooms/Golden Forest Club rooms or the Lodges that have standard rooms. All the rooms are within a 5 minute walk to the village. We stayed in Yosemite Lodge and took about 2 minutes if that to get to the hotel for breakfast. In the rooms there was 2 double beds, t.v, ice bucket. We took our own kettle and tea etc.

You can look on youtube for the Sequoia at Christmas, it looks lovely.

gemma2806

Hi missoverexcited, I know for a fact that they do provide towels at the pool at the Sequoia. They charge €2 to use them unless you are staying in a Golden Forest Room or suite in which case you can use them for free.

grovesie

We will be there at the same time, we go 22nd to 28th. :thumbs:

missoverexcited

Thanks for the replies.

DLRP Roundup!

Also in Sequoia Lodge how Chrismassy is it, whats the tree like, is there anything special not to be missed?

Here's some photo's I took last year: http://dlrpr.com/sequoia-christmas/

There's a big tree out front, the bar also has a tree and christmas decorations, the big tree out back sometimes lights up but seems rather inconsistent.

It's a very warm and Christmas-feel though, very tastefully done :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

bad-pink-tink

oh wow, thanks, looks really festive, getting excited now  :)

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

hannabdav

If you could have a look at DLH and find a good room with terrace we can request!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: hannabdav on September 02, 2013, 11:35:53 PM
If you could have a look at DLH and find a good room with terrace we can request!!xx

room 3039 is a terrace room, the terrace opens out onto the garden area that is outside the 'conservatory' where the pool is, i took a photo of our map, the green circle you can see is where our room was
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....