glowtini's

Started by georgia98x, July 23, 2015, 01:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgia98x

does anyone know the price of a glowtini? or have the menu list? also, where can they be bought from and will they ask for ID?
thanks!

DisneyRon

At Bar Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel Glowtini's were €17 last September, not sure if they're cheaper at the bars of the other hotels (though I've heard that they are).

As for asking for ID, I imagine they will if they suspect you're below the legal drinking age in France. That by the way, is 16. So if you're going to DLP by yourself, I suspect you're going to be fine on that requirement. :P

Glowtinis are available in all hotel bars I believe, and a fair few of the hotel restaurants as well (I know both Inventions and California Grill will serve cocktails from Bar Fantasia).
I'm not sure if any of the restaurants in the park serve Glowtinis.

Also, beware that a Glowtini is a pretty stiff drink, depending on how much pineapple juice they mix in. :)

georgia98x

Quote from: DisneyRon on July 23, 2015, 02:42:39 PM
At Bar Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel Glowtini's were €17 last September, not sure if they're cheaper at the bars of the other hotels (though I've heard that they are).

As for asking for ID, I imagine they will if they suspect you're below the legal drinking age in France. That by the way, is 16. So if you're going to DLP by yourself, I suspect you're going to be fine on that requirement. :P

Glowtinis are available in all hotel bars I believe, and a fair few of the hotel restaurants as well (I know both Inventions and California Grill will serve cocktails from Bar Fantasia).

Also, beware that a Glowtini is a pretty stiff drink, depending on how much pineapple juice they mix in. :)

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful! I turn 18 the last day I'm there so was wondering if I could get away with it for the first couple of days  ;)

DisneyRon

Quote from: georgia98x on July 23, 2015, 03:14:03 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on July 23, 2015, 02:42:39 PM

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful! I turn 18 the last day I'm there so was wondering if I could get away with it for the first couple of days  ;)

My apologies, I have to correct myself. It seems that France increased it's legal drinking age from 16 to 18 in 2009, and whatever source I used was using outdated info. :( So it's 18, so you'll be able to get a cocktail on your birthday, but may have trouble getting them before that.

DLPWonders (Banned)

Glowtini's are available in every hotel bar, Sport's Bar and table service restaurants.
The price all depends on where you're going, each place has a different price.
Café Fantasia at the Disneyland Hotel is the most expensive one, it's 18€ there.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

HildeKitten

I must admit (not drinking alcohol) I had never heard of a glowtini, but one google later I'm pretty fascinated by them.
If I drank alcohol I'd be tempted to try them :)

As for the legal drinking age, I don't think you'll be able to get away with it before your 18th birthday (it's worth a shot), because generally they are really strict about serving alcohol to minors, as they can get into serious legal issues doing so. If they get caught at least. Of course there's always places that are more liberal with checking IDs than others, so you might as well ask for one and see what they say before you turn 18.