New Years Eve

Started by tinkswishes, September 26, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkswishes

Can someone whos been NYE kindly tell me what to expect please especially with children?

I was looking forward to it but am very worried due to comments made elsewhere on the net.

SwipatronSparks

Ooooh we are looking to go for new year too so i am interested in what people have to say as well :)

What are you worrying over? Everything i have read has said thats its brilliant...?
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

jeakat24

The only negative comments I've seen about New Years Eve are a few to do with the weather. Obviously not within Disneyland's control and most of these were centred around one particular year where the weather was torrential.

I've never been for NYE but I would imagine it's quite busy, which people may have an issue with if they're not expecting it. I went to the Halloween Soirée one year and that was packed. we managed one ride the entire evening but it was more about the atmosphere for us than anything- perhaps NYE is a bit like that?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

BoristheSpider

What are the bad things you have heard? x

tinkswishes

I had read that it was unbearably busy took over an hour to get out of the park. Also on another forum I read how everyone was drunk, possessions stolen and it was a horrendous experience which even made an adult cry. It really got me worried.

BoristheSpider

Oh dear, perhaps they were just unlucky. Hopefully you will have a great time x

DerTobi75

Hi,

we vistited DLRP for NYE two years ago.

It was not that packed, as we expected it. And, it was also not as cold as we expected it. It was just rainy and grey!

We watched the fireworks at Disneyland, and nobody was drunken. We had a good party with a pretty good DJ one or two hours before midnight.

After the fireworks we headed to BTM where everyone was happy and cheering and chanting "bonne année", we also managed to ride Indiana Jones before they closed the park.

After that it took a little longer than on "normal" days, to get of the parking lot. Maybe the drunken kids were at the Studios or Disney Village  :-[

We are looking forward to vitsit DLRP this year again for NYE!

Regards,

Tobi