Help with Dining Options

Started by sarahjb, September 09, 2013, 01:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahjb

Hi all,

This will be my first visit to DLP and I was looking for help with dining options if that is OK. There will be 2 adults travelling

Basically, we are not 'fine diners' so just wondering the sort of restaurants we could get a burger meal/pizza/chicken etc and for a reasonable price. I've done a bit of research and I know it is expensive to eat here, but it will be nice to know those restaurants that fall at the lower end of the cost scale so we can plan a bit.

Thanks so much

ed-uk

If you're looking for fast food there is plenty of choice.There is a McDonald's Restaurant and Annette's Diner ( which is table service ) for burgers in Disney Village. There is also Colonel Hathi's Pizza outpost in Adventureland and Videopolis in Discoveryland, I think they do burgers and chips. Au Chalet de la Marionnette in Fantasyland, you could try that. Toad Hall does good fish and chips in Fantasyland when we tried it.
Ed & David

sarahjb

ed-uk

I have limited experience of the fast food options because we usually go to a table service or buffet restaurant where you can book a table. I don't know when you plan to go but some members of the forum have complained that the restaurants close too early in the parks. So you might want to consider eating earlier rather than in the evening if you're not booking a table.
Also Studio 1 in the Walt Disney Studios has a fast food restaurant and many members of the forum have recommended the Earl of Sandwich, in Disney Village. And you can probably get a chicken meal in the Cowboy Cookout Barbecue in Frontierland.

Ed & David

captain rocket

I would,nt miss Earl of Sandwich on my visit, the food is top quality and the prices, certainly by DLRP  standards, are reasonable. Also, unlike McDonalds which has always had horrendous and badly behaved queues the Earl has a fabulous system, you order your meal, then pay for it and are given an electronic device to take back to your table, this flashes and vibrates when your meal is ready and you just collect it with no queues.
The two fast food outlets in Disneyland park that I always try to use are Fuento del Oro in Frontierland for tex mex food and Hakuna Matata in Adventureland, I love the Kebab meal that they offer and on my last visit I tried Toad Hall for the first time in ages, very acceptable fish & Chips!!
In the studios I was under impressed with the fast food out let in studio one and I always have the buffet in restaurant des Stars which has some nice French touches, Onion soup, beef bourgignon , even mussells! Good value and a fabulous selection of deserts! One tip though, don't bother with a soft drink as it is overpriced and they just bring a can to your table! Caraffes of water and unlimited coffee are included in the price.
Whatever you decide, Bon appetite!

sarahjb