Descent of the Stairs

Started by ecila, August 20, 2013, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecila

I'm going to DLP from the 16th - 20th of September and am really hoping to meet as many characters as possible.
I've heard about the Descent of the Stairs in the Disneyland Hotel lobby and was wondering if anyone had any experience of this? is it worth going to? Which days is it on? Any information would be helpful :)
Also, this may sound silly but I actually have no clue how to get into the Disneyland Hotel having never stayed there or even gone in, so a few directions of how to get into the lobby from the parks would be very helpful :)
Thank you!
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

ed-uk

The entrance to the Disneyland hotel/ lobby is on the right hand side as you walk towards the entrance of Disneyland Park.
Ed & David

tubbsy

Descent of the Stairs is on (I think a Thursday) Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 4:00pm. We did it a couple of weeks ago. We had Mickey, Goofy,  Snow White, Gideon and Penguin from Mary Poppins.
I think its getting more popular as there was quite a crowd there.

Another way to see characters is round by the gates by Its A Small World. If you're having an ice cream, someone may just wander by-We ran into Suzie and Perla.

When coming through the bazaar in Discovery land there is an organised meet and greet there. Not sure if there are set times, but it was around 2:30pm when we saw Baloo leave and got to see King Louie and Rafiki.

Does that help?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

captain rocket

Tubbsy is right about the area to the right of Small World.
Here's Belle proving that steam has right of way over princesses!
Three weeks ago when I was in the parks, it was so hot I took a break of about 90 minutes and was so pleased with the results I repeated it the next day! As you can see, the character train was there about five times, Mickey and Chip pointed at me and waved as they must have realised I was the same guy still there!
During my time there I saw.
Belle, Tiana, Arial, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aurora and Snow White the Ugly Sisters, Gippeto, Aladdin, Daisy Duck, Peter Pan and Wendy, Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbitt, Tigger, Eyeore, Suzie and Perla, Jack Sparrow, Frollo, Gideon.
I'm not really that much into characters, but this was just so easy! The characters will not stop for photos or autographs but you will see them and when I was there, in peak season, there were no more than 10 of us at any one time! Perfect

ecila

Quote from: "ed-uk"The entrance to the Disneyland hotel/ lobby is on the right hand side as you walk towards the entrance of Disneyland Park.

Thank you very much!

ecila

Quote from: "tubbsy"Descent of the Stairs is on (I think a Thursday) Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 4:00pm. We did it a couple of weeks ago. We had Mickey, Goofy,  Snow White, Gideon and Penguin from Mary Poppins.
I think its getting more popular as there was quite a crowd there.

Another way to see characters is round by the gates by Its A Small World. If you're having an ice cream, someone may just wander by-We ran into Suzie and Perla.

When coming through the bazaar in Discovery land there is an organised meet and greet there. Not sure if there are set times, but it was around 2:30pm when we saw Baloo leave and got to see King Louie and Rafiki.

Does that help?

Ah I have heard that more people are catching onto it, I'm hoping it might be a bit quieter since we're going in mid September.
Yes thank you for the tips! I'll definitely try and keep an eye out around these areas. Thank you for your help :)

ecila

Quote from: "captain rocket"Tubbsy is right about the area to the right of Small World.
Here's Belle proving that steam has right of way over princesses!
Three weeks ago when I was in the parks, it was so hot I took a break of about 90 minutes and was so pleased with the results I repeated it the next day! As you can see, the character train was there about five times, Mickey and Chip pointed at me and waved as they must have realised I was the same guy still there!
During my time there I saw.
Belle, Tiana, Arial, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Aurora and Snow White the Ugly Sisters, Gippeto, Aladdin, Daisy Duck, Peter Pan and Wendy, Alice, Mad Hatter, White Rabbitt, Tigger, Eyeore, Suzie and Perla, Jack Sparrow, Frollo, Gideon.
I'm not really that much into characters, but this was just so easy! The characters will not stop for photos or autographs but you will see them and when I was there, in peak season, there were no more than 10 of us at any one time! Perfect

Oooh I love Belle! Thats a great list of characters, hopefully I'll get to see as many as you!
I may have to choose to sit and rest by Small World for most of my trip :') Thank you for your help