The weather during September/October

Started by jeakat24, August 27, 2013, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Hello everyone,

I've been to Disneyland in the middle of September and it's been quite mild and sunny, and I've visited at the end of October where, understandably, it's been quite cold (and wet!). We're due to visit from 29th September to the 4th October and I have no idea what the weather is going to be doing! I know I can check more accurate forecasts closer to the time but we're getting new clothes for our daughter and so far we've focused on winter clothes and I'm not sure whether to buy some things for warmer weather just in case!

Has anyone been during this time? What did the weather do while you were there? Thanks for any help.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Aurora1

Hi there, my post probably is not a big help. The weather can be warm or even hot! It also can be cooler and rainy! We`ve been going around that time (and will this year, 7.to 11. october) and we`ve had it all!
Swimming-pool-type-of-weather to rainboots weather!
So I would suggest, look at the forecast more close to the time and maybe plan on cloths you cann wear in layers (TShirt/light jacket or longsleeved shirt).
Have a great trip!! Getting closer :)

nathalie

It's so unpredictable.

When I went in these months:
September 4th 2011 it was 35°C still (I remember this very well, it was extremely hot, and I fainted in the BTM line)
October 30th 2012 it was about 20-25°C, very sunny, but with a cold wind

jeakat24

Quote from: "Aurora1"Hi there, my post probably is not a big help. The weather can be warm or even hot! It also can be cooler and rainy! We`ve been going around that time (and will this year, 7.to 11. october) and we`ve had it all!
Swimming-pool-type-of-weather to rainboots weather!
So I would suggest, look at the forecast more close to the time and maybe plan on cloths you cann wear in layers (TShirt/light jacket or longsleeved shirt).
Have a great trip!! Getting closer :)

No, that's a huge help thanks  :D  I'm so excited now it's so close (and all the worry of saving up has gone!)

Quote from: "nathalie"It's so unpredictable.

When I went in these months:
September 4th 2011 it was 35°C still (I remember this very well, it was extremely hot, and I fainted in the BTM line)
October 30th 2012 it was about 20-25°C, very sunny, but with a cold wind

Thank you both very much  :)

It seems like a very unpredictable time of the year (much like the UK). All of the average temperatures I've seen on different websites show such a difference between September and October so going right at the beginning of the month I think we'll just have to pack for all eventualities
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

gemma2806

I agree with Aurora1 definitely pack layers!

I've been in September when it's been 30 degrees and then the next day it's plummeted in temperature and poured with rain. But layers are the way to go!

I remember going in Winter before but packing for a UK Winter of wet weather and chilly. The new level of freezing I experienced was something I never wish to repeat as it was dry, a few bits of cloud but bitterly cold. At least if you dress in layers you can add them if you're cold or remove some if you're too warm!

jeakat24

Quote from: "gemma2806"I agree with Aurora1 definitely pack layers!

I've been in September when it's been 30 degrees and then the next day it's plummeted in temperature and poured with rain. But layers are the way to go!

I remember going in Winter before but packing for a UK Winter of wet weather and chilly. The new level of freezing I experienced was something I never wish to repeat as it was dry, a few bits of cloud but bitterly cold. At least if you dress in layers you can add them if you're cold or remove some if you're too warm!

Thank you. I have to say I loving buying my daughter all these new clothes for the trip, but I think I'll take some of her summer stuff with us so I don't bankrupt us before we go  :D

It won't be too bad for me as I'll be six months pregnant so I'll be warm all the time regardless!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

JediBUZ

Last year we went late October and we packed cold weather clothing as it was quite cold here.  When we got there the weather was glorious, we had to buy sun hats for everyone. But then the last two days turned very cold indeed.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

jeakat24

Quote from: "JediBUZ"Last year we went late October and we packed cold weather clothing as it was quite cold here.  When we got there the weather was glorious, we had to buy sun hats for everyone. But then the last two days turned very cold indeed.

Ooh, lovely  :thumbs: I'd like it to be like that- but I'm not going to bank on it. Usually I have the opposite problem and pack for it being warm and it rains. Thanks for the help
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

CinderellaSparkle

I've been for Halloween twice (and Chinese New Year once) and due to go for another Halloween trip in October. In my personal experience with the October weather, it's all over the place! Expect rain because it is Autumn BUT the last time i went in October it was blue skies and warmth :) A very odd but lovely change! We're taking mainly warm stuff just incase. Tis the season! :D

jeakat24

Quote from: "CinderellaSparkle"I've been for Halloween twice (and Chinese New Year once) and due to go for another Halloween trip in October. In my personal experience with the October weather, it's all over the place! Expect rain because it is Autumn BUT the last time i went in October it was blue skies and warmth :) A very odd but lovely change! We're taking mainly warm stuff just incase. Tis the season! :D

Thank you. I suppose it's very much like the UK at that time of year. Last year it was pretty miserable where I am but the year before was wonderful sunshine. I'm definitely taking layers thanks to all the tips here!  :D And a raincoat- just in case!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge