Easter holiday or Summer holiday?

Started by princesspiggy, August 06, 2013, 09:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princesspiggy

Hello,

I'm thinking about a Disneyland-trip as a gift for my little niece next year. We would stay two days and one night. As my niece has to go to school, we can only go during holidays.

I visited the official Disneyland site. There they say that the whole month of july and the whole month of august (except the last week) are high season. The last week of august and the weeks of the easter holidays are considered (by Disneyland) standard seasons. So I suppose it would be less crowded during those weeks (since I don't want my little niece to wait like an hour before she can enter an attraction)?

So I would like to know your opinions. Would it be best to visit during weekdays in the Easter holidays or weekdays during the last week of august. I would visit tuesday and wednesday or wednesday and thursday.

All help appreciated! Thank you!

glenn

I think easter would be better for two reasons,one the park looks great with all the spring flowers,two in the summer it can get really hot and very hard to keep cool.
plus it is less crowded during easter.

Shannon

I went in the Easter holidays this year and it was lovely, and I think it would be even better next year as Easter is later so it should be warmer! The queues were really short so we managed to do everything at least once (we went some rides 10 times over 5 days!) and we had a brilliant time. There aren't as many characters around as in the summer, but there's still quite a few, especially in Fantasyland. We found that Wednesday was busier than the other days but it was still manageable.

As you get closer to the Easter weekend, it tends to get much busier so keep that in mind!

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

SwipatronSparks

i was there over easter itself this year, and it wasnt too bad queues where around 20 mins to half an hour with the usual exceptions (ie. peter pans flight, crush etc.) and the weather wasnt too bad either sunny about normal for the time of year (not sure when easter is next year so take it as the weather will be average for march/april). overall i would say easter over summer if you have that choice =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....