Where to start??

Started by missoverexcited, August 05, 2013, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missoverexcited

Hi, I'm considering a first visit to DLP next June, probably for 4 nights/5 days.

I've been to WDW 3 times but with DLP I feel like I don't know where to start! What do I need to know?

I always use the Unofficial Guide to WDW which is updated every year, but as far as I can find out there has only been one UG for DLP and it was in 2010 so will be out of date..

Thanks!

julesk

Hi, your going to love DLP  :thumbs: I would start by generally reading every new post on here. We are planning trip number 6 and find something new everytime we go with the help of this forum. Book meals two months in advance and make sure you do Buffalo Bills and Inventions. Booking premium meal half board option saved us a fortune this year. Be prepared for rain so pack full water proofs, from experience the park is really quiet when it rains so you can make the most of it without freezing.

Try searching for hidden gems and research the season you are visiting on in detail. If you have princesses, book the princess meal as the pavillion is dreadful.

Have an amazing trip and if you can, book the DLH  :D

missoverexcited

I had definitely guessed it would rain!!

I still don't really understand the dining plans... I have been looking at menus though to try to figure out if they will save us money. The full board plus and premium options have 2 TS meals so we would lose money if we did CS, right?

No chance of us booking DLH, I wish!

Thanks for your help :-)

gemma2806

Hi and good luck with planning your first trip to DLP you're going to have loads of fun!

This forum is fantastic but if like me you want a physical book to go through as well, ( I have loads for WDW!) then your best bet is The Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris. The authors are constant visitors to the parks and they release an updated book every two years. Their latest edition should be released around Feb 2014. I take their book with me every year I go! I do have the UG to DLP but a lot of it is out of date now so don't purchase this unless they release a new version. You can get this book from all good stockists but I prefer to use Amazon. It's got great tips for planning section by section and then for a more detailed idea with some wonderful pictures check out DLRPMagic site and PhotosMagiques site.

Then if you still have any questions feel free to ask away on the Trip Planning section on this forum. I am a huge fan of WDW but you definitely need to experience DLP as well!

Good luck!

julesk

Thats a shame you cant do DLH, there are still offers on for next year. 2 nights free, we have already booked for Halloween 2014. Its well worth playing around with dates/hotels to get the best online price.

I dont recommend full board as your loose so much time during a 4 night stay. Plus your restricted on where you can eat. I would always go premium half board, then have a lunchtime snack or take food into the park if your on a budget. There is a petrol station at the gates of Santa Fe which is ok plus a good shop in the station. Which your pass daily if you use the shuttles to get to the park.

There is a small saving on buying the meal plan but I find the biggest saving / convenience on not having to budget into your euros the cost of a daily main meal. You just hand your voucher over and its done. Have you got a current brochure? There is a list of meal options listed. For example, if you have premium and eat at Inventions there is no extra cost. Yet if you plan to eat at a mixture of places. I would consider getting Standard vouchers and top up the cost so you dont loose any money. Once you get your head around it, its really simple, honest! We always head to all you can eat buffet as its suits us all but I have heard walts is a must try.

You can visit all the hotels, its nice to have a look around. If you stay at HNY, make the most of the walk into the park. Via the lake at the rear. The security check point is quieter and you get to see the village. Plus walking back from dreams is so much nicer.  :D

missoverexcited

Thank you both for the tips!

I will definitely look for the book Gemma.