Fastpass

Started by mascherl, July 26, 2013, 08:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mascherl

Hello everyone!

I'm going to Disneyland Paris for the first time in my life on August 13th this year! I'm super excited about it and for I have only a day to spend there I'm busy planning my daytrip  :D

I did some research on Fastpass and of course I'm going to use it. When I was browsing through some pictures I found these:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5a367a2f89f5 ... o1_400.jpg

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/photos/ ... G_1428.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... 4cHqlOqE6X

If you have a look at the first picture it says "enter between 20:05 and 20:35" and "another fastpass ticket will be available after 19:15". Is this an exception because of the late time of day? I always read you can only get a new fastpass after the time slot has started?
Also the other pictures show fastpasses where you can get a new pass before the time slot has startet. The common thing is that there is a big difference (from nearly 3 to >4 hours) between the time the person got the fastpass and the time slot for going on the ride.
So maybe you get this possibility when you have to wait more than 3 hours or so that you can have 2 valid fastpasses a time? It's just an idea but maybe some of you know more about it?
Cause if this would work it would be pretty awesome for people like me who have little time to spend in the park and want to see and try as much as possible of all the awesome attractions there  :)

Oh and if anyone of you has other tipps regarding fastpass or anything else I'd be grateful to read them  :D

Thanks,
 - mascherl

DLRP Roundup!

It's a slight misconception that you can hold only one at once (that Disney like to say). Fastpass has a little bit of tech behind it, that allows them to moderate how many are actually in circulation. It's possible to get a Fastpass only 40 minutes after your first if the park is quiet enough, other times when it's really busy it's possible to have a two hour wait, or be forced to only have one at a time.

Really depends on how the park is with guest flow.  In Disney world they're testing using Fastpass "surprises" where you get the one you want and another one for another attraction to see if they can manipulate the crowds and move people around so they aren't dense in one area.

However the time on the bottom of your Fastpass will always be the first available time for you to get another one. So follow that!

Also if you want to maximise your visit, arrive early and do all the small attractions/fantasyland first, grab Fastpass when you can for Big Thunder and Space Mountain.

It's a small world, Star Tours, ToT, Pirates, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion can all eat queues, and will do so all day and at high speed, so don't prioritise them until the big crowds come, at that point they should hold around the 20-30 min mark.

If your doing Crush's coaster, do it first.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

amanda08

you can also have a fastpass for the studio rides at the same times as a fastpass for a disneyland ride as they are on a seperate system. I think the simple rule of thumb is that you can get a new fastpass when either (a) the earliest time to use your existing fastpass comes or (b) 2 hours after you were issued with the existing fastpass.

Have a fab time!
ps, Trekkie is absolutely right - if you plan on riding Crush in the studio, make sure you are at the gates just before 9.30am and once the gates open RUN as fast as you can to Crush - if you do this you should be able to ride with only a 10 or 15 minute wait - the rest of the day in high summer is likely to be 90min plus wait time!

sarahmumof4

We queued for over 90 minutes in February for crushes coaster !
It does seem there is always a long queue not matter what time of year people go .
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

mascherl

Thanks for your replies!

We're going to arrive arround 10 for we're taking the VEA-Shuttle from the airport at 9. We're not planning on doing Crush although I like thrills and Nemo but it would feel like a waste of time for we have only this one day in Disneyland and I don't want to spend it in 90 min + queues ;)  So maybe next time.

I was wondering what "the small attractions" are?
And what would be your realistic estimation about how many of the bigger rides you can do in one day (a tuesday in august)? Like... I want to do as much as possible but I also want to enjoy my time and don't want to be under the pressure of an unrealistic plan.

DLRP Roundup!

In Disneyland Park you will be able to do the majority of the headline rides.

Fastpass (at the minimum)
Space Mountain (unless its normal wait is under 30 mins)
Big Thunder Mountain
Indiana Jones (unless its under 30 again)

While waiting for Fastpass to become valid:
Pirates of the Carribean
Phantom Manor
It's a small world
Star Tours
Buzz light year
Riverboat in Frontierland
Casey Jr (may have long waits)

What I'd skip:
Orbitron
Autopia
Tea cups
Dumbo

If you still have time:
Peter Pan
Pinnichio
Captain Eo

That's a plan for the Disneyland Parc, if you want to do the studios park too then it'll be a tad more frantic, what time are you there until?
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mascherl

We're there till 8pm so we have about 10 hours in the park. We also got a 20th anniversary ticket so we could go to the studio's park too.
I'm not planning to do all the main rides in both of the parks cause that would be an aweful lot for just one day. I guess if we're going to the studio's park we'd go for Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

Anyways we're going to make a list of rides we want to do at any rate and do the others if there is still time left after the shopping and visiting the castle etc.
BTM, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear, It's a small world, Peter Pan, Phantom Manor, POC, Rock n'Roller Coaster and ToT are the most interesting ones for us now, so we're gonna pick our priorities from these.

Studio Tram Tour and Stunt Show seem pretty cool too but I guess it takes a lot of your time  :?

I was wondering... what is it with Fastpass at Peter Pan? They say it runs out of fastpass first and that there are also very long queues? So if you had to pick would you get a fastpass for BTM or Peter Pan first?

And thank you so much for all your answers it helps a lot!   :D  :thumbs:

nathalie

Peter Pan is a pain, lol.
The fast passes can go quickly at times, and yes, the lines are huge for this thing, which in my opinion isn't so amazing.  It's a nice ride, don't get me wrong, it's cool how you "fly", but I don't understand these long waiting times for this one.