Ecila's PRE TRIP REPORT: September 16th-20th

Started by ecila, June 22, 2013, 11:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecila

Hello again everyone! :)
My September trip to DLP is all booked! I'm so excited to be going back so I thought I'd start my pre trip report and let you know about our trip.

On this trip there is going to be...
Me - Alice, 18. This is my fourth trip to DLP :)
Harry - my boyfriend, also 18 - I'm very lucky that he is also a big disney fan!  :ears:
Rachel - My sister, 23 - just as obsessed with disney as I am ;)
Callum - My sister's boyfriend, 27

Here's a photo of me and Harry at my Disney themed 18th party as Jasmine and Abu :)  :lamp:

And here's a photo of Rachel and Callum at my party as the Queen of Hearts and a Toy Soldier :)

The four of us will be sharing a room in the Sante Fe, which my sister and I have both stayed in before on previous trips :) Hopefully we won't be too crowded!

We will be travelling by Eurostar from Ebbsfleet on the monday morning. I really wanted to try and get a direct train this time as I didn't really enjoy stopping of at Lille last year and getting on the TGV, but once again this year we've booked an indirect train as the cost was about £50 cheaper each. Our train leaves around 11 and we're supposed to arrive in DLP at around 3, which has made me a bit stressed because I like to get to the parks as early as possible :( Oh well!

This trip to DLP is actually a present from my sister Rachel for my 18th birthday. She's paying for me to go minus the cost of the Eurostar which I have paid for myself. It's our first trip to DLP together in 11 years! I also have a feeling I'm going to get a bit emotional towards the end of our trip as two days after we get back from DLP, Harry will be moving away to University :( So this will be quite a special trip and we're hoping to get a lot done! I have already checked the closures and refurbishments on DLRP Magic and the only two things closed while we are there are Phantom Manor ( :( ) and the Carousel, which isn't too bad at all although I do love Phantom Manor!

Here are the things I'm most looking forward to on this holiday:

- Our first ride on Space Mountain - we have agreed amongst us that this will be our first ride when we get to the parks, as it's my favourite and Callum has never been on it!

- Crush's Coaster - I couldn't face the ridiculous queueing times last June but this year I am determined to go on as I still haven't!

- Breakfast at Inventions - We're hoping to pay for breakfast at Inventions one morning as I've never even been inside the Disneyland Hotel and I would love to just sit and pretend we're staying there and see the view of the parks from there haha.

- Meeting characters - On my last trip I didn't meet any characters whatsoever, we didn't see any walking around all week until the Saturday in which they were surrounded by huge crowds. So this trip I would really love to meet as many as possible and I will definitely be buying an autograph book!

- Returning to Earl of Sandwich - Those sandwiches are just so good!!

- Seeing Dreams again - I've been craving to watch Dreams again since the last night I watched it back in June, and now I'm even more eager after the addition of the new scenes!

That's about all I can think of for now but I'm just really excited to be going back!!! Now for 2 months of crazy planning, watching disney films, listening to disney cd's and buying disney clothes for my trip :D
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

never2old

Sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to!! :D

ilovedisneylandparis

Aww I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to read your report :D I completely agree about Dreams, I get really big cravings to watch it too and seeing it on YouTube just doesn't do it justice! I hope you have such a lovely time planning it all, that's one of my favourite things to do in the months leading up to it :')

ecila

Quote from: "never2old"Sounds like you have a great trip to look forward to!! :D

I really do! :)

ecila

Quote from: "geekyjo"Aww I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to read your report :D I completely agree about Dreams, I get really big cravings to watch it too and seeing it on YouTube just doesn't do it justice! I hope you have such a lovely time planning it all, that's one of my favourite things to do in the months leading up to it :')

Ahh thank you :) I know, I keep listening to the music from it on youtube and it just makes me so eager to see it again with all the fireworks and stuff :') It's definitely not the same when you're not really there! Ahh me too, I've already been making lists and checking restaurant menus etc, I think i'm going to drive everyone mad :')

lipton00

You'll be there just after my group leave! I'm so excited, I hope the weather is good for us both!

DLP-Photos.com

I'm sure you will have an amazing time - it sounds like you have a lot of good things planned! Regarding Crush just make sure to be at the Studios Gates 9.20 one morning - then you won't have to queue that much and you might even be out of Crush again once the park officially opens at 10 :)

Be sure to enjoy it as much as possible with Harry going away - certainly must be a special trip, but I cannot think of a better destination for such a trip! :)

Have a good one!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

gemma2806

I love the birthday pictures! What a lovely present from your sister, I wish mine would do that for me!

I'm just like you with the planning but that's part of the fun of going! I'm planning mine already and I'm not going till the last week of November.

If you've got any characters you really want to meet don't forget to pop into City Hall and they'll tell you who's scheduled to be out and about in the park that day and whereabouts you can meet them. When I went last year I managed to get 37 autographs for my son using a combination of City Hall information, the times guides at the parks and sheer luck!

I've never made it into the Disneyland Hotel either but this trip I'm planning on having a drink in the bar and hopefully catching The Descent of the Stairs on one of the days.

Have and amazing time, enjoy your planning and I can't wait to read your trip report.

ecila

Quote from: "lipton00"You'll be there just after my group leave! I'm so excited, I hope the weather is good for us both!

Ah I hope you have a lovely time! Me too, fingers crossed!

Quote from: "forza_united"I'm sure you will have an amazing time - it sounds like you have a lot of good things planned! Regarding Crush just make sure to be at the Studios Gates 9.20 one morning - then you won't have to queue that much and you might even be out of Crush again once the park officially opens at 10 :)

Be sure to enjoy it as much as possible with Harry going away - certainly must be a special trip, but I cannot think of a better destination for such a trip! :)

Have a good one!

Thank you for the tip! I tried arriving at the Studios early last year but still had no luck, but I'm determined to try even earlier this year :)
Yes we're planning on making the most of our last proper week together before he goes away, and you're right, it really is the best destination for it :)
Thank you!

Quote from: "gemma2806"I love the birthday pictures! What a lovely present from your sister, I wish mine would do that for me!

I'm just like you with the planning but that's part of the fun of going! I'm planning mine already and I'm not going till the last week of November.

If you've got any characters you really want to meet don't forget to pop into City Hall and they'll tell you who's scheduled to be out and about in the park that day and whereabouts you can meet them. When I went last year I managed to get 37 autographs for my son using a combination of City Hall information, the times guides at the parks and sheer luck!

I've never made it into the Disneyland Hotel either but this trip I'm planning on having a drink in the bar and hopefully catching The Descent of the Stairs on one of the days.

Have and amazing time, enjoy your planning and I can't wait to read your trip report.

Thank you! I know, I'm very lucky to have a sister who was as desperate to go back again as me and was willing to pay for me haha :') Ah I'm having such a good time planning it all haha, just making me more and more excited!
37 autographs!? That's so good, thank you for the tip I'll have to do that! I'm really hoping to go to Descent of the Stairs one day too, if I manage to find my way into the Disneyland Hotel :')
Thank you very much, I hope you have a good time planning your trip for November :)