Time to micromanage and ask weird questions

Started by tubbsy, July 13, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

I can't believe we are getting close now!

Steph was in Thorpe Park on Monday and she spotted someone walking around with a small hand fan with a squeazy bottle attached to it with DLP written on it! Now, she suffers quite badly with over heating and she always carries a small bottle of water to squirt and a hand fan to .... well, fan.
But now she has spotted this, she fancies one!
We think its called a squeaze, breeze fan (Plain one spotted on Amazon for £8:00)
Anyone have a clue what we are talking about and which shop would sell it?
CHEERS!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

heres another one for you.
Eating in Paris.
Would you recommend just grabbing sandwiches from the train station or is it pretty reasonable in Paris? I am thinking prices might be hiked for tourists? ... We will only want something light as we will be eating at Inventions when we get back.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Aurora1

I havn`t been to Paris in quite a while, but when I hear "Paris" and "eating", a bakery (boulangerie) comes to my mind and baguettes...

tubbsy

OOH and cheeeeeese! I could really eat some now! Shame we're dairy free! Lol!
We could still pick up some nice meats though-thanks Aurora :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

KRHARWOOD

Disney prices are vastly inflated unfortunately about €29 per person for all u can eat buffet they have nice.sandwich places there though. But if your on a budget use the station shop hope this helps.

tubbsy

Thanks Krharwood, but I was talking about in Paris itself. We are hopefully going for one day whilst we are there. We are on Half board premium so we dont need to worry about meals in the evening. We will grab sandwiches from the station for lunch (although I do want to nip to Annettes for one lunch and Earl of Sandwich for another ;) )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

OK, so the packing has begun! :D
We have started on the medical essentials and toiletries. I have bought new batteries and SD cards for cameras. We have a small travel kettle and will pack my hair dryer and DH needs to get his butt to Halfords *Or car shop of the same ilk* and buy light converters and breathalisers.
I have also started putting together Disney goody bags for the kids ... Yes, I know they are 18 and 10 but I cant help myself!
Oh and I must pack some clothes! :D

So what else would you pack?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Actually, just thought-Newport Bay Admirals floor-do they have kettles? Its three years ago and I cant remember ....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Sal

Yes, the rooms on Admirals Floor have kettles.  :D  We stayed there last year. Have a fantastic trip. I hope to read your trip report when you get back.
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York

ewormas

Hi, we stayed at NBC on Admiral's Floor in October and it had a kettle, also a hairdryer , iron and ironing board, there was also a travel plug adaptor ( but I imagine this was left by someone).  Hope this helps.  Have a great trip  :D

amanda08

Just so you know, the law about breatherlizers in france is not longer being upheld, so no need for the kits.Make sure you have a high vis vest for each person in the car though - and need to be accessible from the inside of the car too. We nearly got a fine for having them in the boot! :-0

tubbsy

Darn it! Bought the breathalisers! But thanks for the info about the jackets Amanda!
And thanks guys, re the kettles :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

OK, another odd question. We have been having a giggle by looking at queue times and discussing what to go on first on an app on my phone.
"20 minutes for POTC then 15 for Star Tours! Lets go!" Yes, yes, very weird!
So it works fine here where I have good broadband. But do the apps work in the park????

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DisneyManiac

I don't think there is any WiFi in the parks, BUT, there is WiFi in McDonald's in Disney Village.

DLP-Photos.com

Regarding your day trip to Paris, you have to do the following for lunch:

Go to the Louvre and go down the Rue de Rivoli direction towards Concorde. Here you can get all sorts of sandwiches, paninis and crepes from between 2-5 €. Buy this and take it to the Tuileries Garden, where you can enjoy it in the sun sitting around one of the big pools. To me that is a very delicious, cosy and parisian lunch at a very good price!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]