Security and bag check points - question

Started by minnieme, June 16, 2013, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnieme

Hi

I just wondered about the security points and baggage check points between Hotel New York and the parks. When we went last year, it was a nightmare as I have a little boy with a medical condition, and it took so long at security between the Hotel and parks, not to mention trying to explain what was in the bags. He has a feeding pump and medical equipment attached to the back of his buggy. The distance was no problem, but unloading all his bags, and trying to stop them "helping" me put them onto the xray machine, whilst it was attached to his feeding tube (not good!!) was hard work, so we opted for Disneyland Hotel this year, and skipped the lot, unless going to Disney Village.
Someone told me the security points have changed now, and I just wondered if anyone could tell me how many and where they are?

Thanks

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

captain rocket

If you are staying at the Disneyland hotel you will not have to go through any extra checks if you are going into the two parks OR to Disney Village! The security checks are outside the World of Disney store for everyone arriving on the buses,Trains or from the car park and at the top end of the village for those walking from the Cheyenne,Santa Fe, Newport Bay,Sequoia Lodge and New York. So, if you don't want to leave Disney Village to go towards Lake Disney for any reason you will have a trouble free time!
Enjoy your visit!

minnieme

Thanks for that! So is there just the one check at the top of the village hotel end? I spent so much time going back and forth to the room with my son this year, that it was great to just go straight in and out of the parks.

SwipatronSparks

yeah there's just the one at the lake end or as you come off the bus.... you wont have any more security to go through =] but then i am also slightly confused because the security set up should have been like that on your last trip.... i was there in april so a month before you and this is how it was then.... you shoudn't have had any security to go through going from the disneyland hotel to the village....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

captain rocket

Your a bit confused there, Swipatron, on the last visit Minnieme stayed in the New York so would have had to go through the security check at the top of the village! She is staying in the Disneyland hotel this time to avoid the checks.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "minnieme"so we opted for Disneyland Hotel this year, and skipped the lot, unless going to Disney Village.

the quoted bit is what confused me... her sig says she was there in may which was 'this year' and from minnies post it seems she had to go through security when going to the village that's where my confusion comes into play
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

jackieann

Hi

Can someone confirm where the check points are, last time I went they were as you walk out of the village towards disneyland and then at either the disney park or studio entrence.

Many thanks

nathalie

There is one when you are walking straight ahead to World of Disney store, and the other one when you are walking straight to the entrance of the main park.

Try not to take the x-ray line, it takes forever  *sigh*

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "jackieann"Hi

Can someone confirm where the check points are, last time I went they were as you walk out of the village towards disneyland and then at either the disney park or studio entrence.

Many thanks

once your through at the hotel end where the hny/SL/NPBC is you wont have to go through them again unless you are going from the train station side where you will go through at the village.... you know come to think of it, i am sure i have a video of us walking to the parks from the lake during my last trip (march this year) somewhere *starts looking through my disney photos from the last trip*

upcoming trips....

minnieme

Ah, sorry all. Completely confused everyone here....and myself. Last year we stayed at New York, and security and X-ray was a nightmare. This year we stayed at Disneyland (last month) and when I went to Disney Village, I went through security near the train station end. I assumed there was no other way. I have just been discussing it with my partner and he said "when we went through we just opened our food bag and showed what was in....blah blah blah. Unless we went past World of Disney and you don't pass security". Now he tells me....... Sorry for the confusion.