Disney's Paris trips

Started by tubbsy, April 07, 2013, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Thanks so much Julesk, fantastic advice, that was so useful, Ive always been terrified of trying it but feeling fairly confident now, thank you!

julesk

Quote from: "polar vixen"Thanks so much Julesk, fantastic advice, that was so useful, Ive always been terrified of trying it but feeling fairly confident now, thank you!

Your very welcome  :D

I was in two minds doing it with our daughter despite having been years ago but honestly it was fine. Just allow yourself plenty of time and take some english pennys as the children will love making there wishes at the water fountains at 'place de  la concorde'.  Dont trust the french to stop at green men crossings, its quite funny after a while guessing who will stop! Sorry, could talk about Paris all day, we love it. . (sorry not disney but watch the devil wears prada if you havent seen it. Shows most of the places and gives good idea of roads your be using. Loads of foot paths everywhere though and little tree lined walks near Concorde too. Great place for lunch)  :D

Going now, honest  :oops:

tubbsy

Lol!  :lol:
Please carry on! All advice is welcome :D

And to be honest, I have been known to ramble on and on .... and on .... and on to people who are first visiting Disney or Legoland Windsor, or Chessington!  :lol: I am a mind of  information-and some of it is useful!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

julesk

Quote from: "tubbsy"Lol!  :lol:
Please carry on! All advice is welcome :D

And to be honest, I have been known to ramble on and on .... and on .... and on to people who are first visiting Disney or Legoland Windsor, or Chessington!  :lol: I am a mind of  information-and some of it is useful!

Hi Tubbsy. Just wanted to say if your still worried about Paris day trip (specially after you helped us with directions from La Havre via the disney site) If you are worried Paris is as crazy as the roads on that route, please dont worry. We have driven round the Arc de Triomphe and that route was worse! Central Paris is so much more relaxing and pretty. Nothing like what you would have seen. Oh and you where right about the Ferry crossing, NEVER AGAIN. I would rather drive the long way round via Dover. No wonder your little one was sick. Think our cabin was part of the engine room!!  :cry:

Not sure you noticed in other post about live action, no Lightening McQueen last week. Maybe it was a one off but we where suprised. Amazing show though, would love to have watched it again as so much going on  :D

tubbsy

Thanks Julesk :)
I am feeling pretty cool about it at the moment ....  :D
I havent a clue why I was getting nervous about doing this-I've lived in Germany and Brunei and had to make my way around! Why is Paris causing me to worry?  :roll:

I must admit, I am concerned over the ferry-we are still going from Portsmouth but have got a cabin with a window-I dont know if it will make any difference, but we are in France for a week this time, so Steph will have time to recover!

No Lightning :( It is a fantastic show though, so I am sure we will still enjoy it :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

julesk

As my amazing Mother in Law would say, its because you are taking your children that you are nervious. I get scared just going to DLRP which is crazy.

We came to the conclusion it was the ferry that was the problem. It seemed really budget compaired to the other ferrys we have been on. I'm sure with the window and better boat you will have a much better crossing.

With the live action show, it had been a really wet morning up until the show starting so maybe it was a health and safety thing? The signs for Lighthing McQueen where still all over Studios. Plus the cars ride was open this year, which is the first time for us.

Cant believe we are back already  :(  We dont plan to go for a 4th year running, time to save for WDW or even better, the Pink Palace  :lol: