Spending money

Started by Kat13, September 14, 2013, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat13

Hi All

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but we're going to Disneyland Paris in December. We've booked fullboard, so all meals are covered. How much spending money should we look to take for drinks, snacks, photos with characters etc?
Many thanks!
Katy
Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest Club - December \":-)\"

orangarnold

I always budget up to €100 per day. I try to save money by bringing my own drinks in and resisting the shops but I still always tend to spent a lot

Kat13

Thanks  :) I'm hoping £400 will be enough, we arrive 2pm on a Monday & leave 6pm on a Thursday & all meals are catered for.

DLRP Roundup!

Two of us spent just £500 on food, souvenirs, and a few photos last year for same period! :)

Depends how much you shop for, food isn't the worst priced :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Kat13

Well, we've got all meals paid for so I guess that's a chunk of money saved? We'll take a little extra too. Thanks for replies

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Kat13 on September 14, 2013, 09:29:06 PM
Well, we've got all meals paid for so I guess that's a chunk of money saved? We'll take a little extra too. Thanks for replies

Definitely, if you aren't planning on buying an absolute ton, you'll be good :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Kat13

Thanks. Just a few souvenirs, Xmas bauble maybe. Plus the kids will have their own spending money too. Counting down the days!

gemma2806

When it comes to character photos taken professionally they are expensive for what they are but I think totally worth it for lovely souvenirs! My advice would be to get all your characters photos stored on your photo pass card (they give you these) then check them all out at the end of the day on your hotel shops computer. You can then choose the best ones and get them all together in a package. As with all things like this, the more you buy the cheaper they become individually. I ended up buying 14 on my last trip! (I was there 13 days though!) but they make lovely souvenirs and keepsakes, my son has 2 in his room to remind him of the holiday.

As has been said before it helps if you can avoid buying loads of souvenirs, I look at the Disney Store website and make a list of things I intend to buy so I can budget for them and try not to have too many impulse buys. That being said it's never stopped me over spending on souvenirs before. I took £2,800 spending money last year for our 13 day trip, however we had to buy all our food as we didn't get the vouchers, we came back with a grand total of about 85 cents!!

sarahh83

we only went half board last time, but found we were so busy anyways during the day we dodnt eat at lunchtime. we just used take a few croisants out from breakfast just in case. when my little boy napped we went to a cafe or bar for a drink

there is a little newsagents in the train station thats chep for snacks/drinks

we went for 4 nights/5 days and spent around £200 on stuff - souveniers, toys for my little boy, i may have had a few cheeky glo-tini cocktails ;)

you could go absolutely mental in the shops, its just knowing your limits

we didnt buy any of the official photos, we always made sure one parent took a photo whilst the other lined up with the our son xx
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

Kat13

Thanks Sarah. I think I'd like to get one official photo of all of us as its my daughter & hubby's first time but good tip to take it in turn & using the newsagents. Thanks.

orangarnold

Don't forget the supermarket at the shopping centre one stop away on the RER, perfect for picking up multipack drinks, fruits, snacks etc

gemma2806

Just a point about the photos, you don't have to take it in turns to have pictures taken with your child. Cast Members are more than happy to take photos of everyone together with your own camera even at the official meet and greets. Every character meet and greet we did we took pictures of our son on his own, had the official ones taken and then the Cast Members had our camera and took ones of us together as a family.