Opinions of the Hotel Santa Fe

Started by DisneyManiac, June 02, 2013, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

I have heard of the Hotel Santa Fe and people have said it's reasonable but my parents are a bit cautious about it as the Hotel Cheyenne is only £20 dearer and it's a better hotel. What are your opinions on the hotel?

Elaine

the Cheyenne isn't a better hotel. They are both the same star rating, both have similar facilities, and they are across the lake from each other, same distance away from the parks.

The Santa Fe has 2 double beds as standard, the Cheyenne has one double and one set of bunks as standard.

The Santa Fe is going through a major refurb of all its rooms, the Cheyenne is beginning to look like it needs one.

Nothing beats the external theme of the Cheyenne, not even the more expensive hotels at DLP.

I love the Santa Fe - big thumbs up from me!

julesk

I'd go for Cheyenne over Santa Fe but that was from before the recent refurb. We did Cheyenne in 2011 / Santa Fe in 2012 / New York in 2013. We didnt like Santa Fe at all but would diffently go back to Cheyenne any day. The buffet was brilliant, room was lovely and general feel was much better. Yet after HNY, its like a completly different world. No queues for breakfast, easier security checks to go through daily and a lovely walk to the park. Great access for cafe mickey too. Walking back from dreams was lovely, no scram for the buses.  :D

Shannon

I stayed in the Santa Fe in June last year and then the Cheyenne in March this year. When we went to the Santa Fe it was in the middle of the refurb so there was scaffolding everywhere which ruined the atmosphere a little, but the rooms inside were really nicely finished. The theming of the Cheyenne and the general atmosphere was better although the rooms are beginning to look a little tired.
The main difference is the size of the room - the rooms in the Santa Fe are slightly bigger as there are 2 double beds whilst in the Cheyenne there is a bunk bed and a double bed. We didn't really notice a huge difference between the breakfast arrangements or anything else (they're both the same walking distance from the parks), so it would just be down to the sleeping arrangements really.

Having said that, after staying in both we've booked again to stay in the Cheyenne because the atmosphere was nicer and we enjoyed it slightly more there :)

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

DisneyManiac

I know this was  a pretty dumb idea for a topic, as Cheyenne would win by a heartbeat. But, you see, I do this thing where when I stay in a hotel, I collect the pin and I haven't stayed in Santa Fe but can easily be arranged.