I have a question...

Started by starlight-princess, May 04, 2013, 01:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight-princess

So I phoned the Newport Bay with some queries and the lady I was speaking to didn't really seem to understand what I was asking for so I'm looking for some advice here.

I have heard about having breakfast in the park is this still a done thing? If so is there any way to pre book it? or is it only when you get there?

Has anybody been there in the past few weeks and know if the Princess Makeover is still available? The lady in the Newport Bay told me that it wasn't offered anymore but I'm not too sure?

Also any helpful tips about character greetings etc would be great or little known secrets are welcomed!

Thanks in advance x
Walt Disney World - 14 trips most recent October 2012.
Disneyland - 6 trips most recent May 2009.
Disneyland Paris - 19 trips most recent January 2013.
Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Tokyo Disney Resort still just a dream...

jeakat24

Hi, I'm not sure about your other questions but from what I understand the breakfast in the park can't be per-booked. I think it's availability is also dependant on how busy the hotel is because I believe they offer it to ease the pressure on the hotel restaurant. Ask about it at check in and hope for the best! You can pre book a character breakfast at cafe Mickey for an additional fee thoughh
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

TigerLily

Hi Starlight!

I'm afraid I can't help with all of your questions but I can a smidge with the regards to the character meet and greets.
Throughout both parks at certain times of day they have stationed, well queued character greets (no scruming, no pushing - lovely!). The times and locations of them will be marked on the information booklets that they give you when you check in if I remember correctly... Plus if you have a princess mad little one then the Pavillion in Fantasy Land is great for one to one meets with the princesses themselves. I also read on here a day or two ago that they now offer a ticket system if you get there at certain times of day which can cut down que times considerably (we will be doing that ourselves, as last year the que for the Pavillion was fairly mammoth lol but was worth it really for the look on my daughters face. However we will still be trying to be que savy this year  :thumbs: )

Have a fabulous trip! :D

Elaine

Quote from: "starlight-princess"So I phoned the Newport Bay with some queries and the lady I was speaking to didn't really seem to understand what I was asking for so I'm looking for some advice here.

I have heard about having breakfast in the park is this still a done thing? If so is there any way to pre book it? or is it only when you get there?

Has anybody been there in the past few weeks and know if the Princess Makeover is still available? The lady in the Newport Bay told me that it wasn't offered anymore but I'm not too sure?

Also any helpful tips about character greetings etc would be great or little known secrets are welcomed!

Thanks in advance x

you can't book breakfast in the park, you ask about it when you check in. Its not on every day.

Go to the DLH (or phone the DLH before you go) and ask about the Princess makeover. Again, its not on every day.

Aurora1

Sometimes characters roam around Fantasyland, opposite Bella Notte. We saw them around lunchtime. That was the last two years in fall. Maybe someone else can comment about times.
Princess Pavillon: if the ticketsystem is on, use that. Otherwise be there to queue before it opens or close to closing time!
Have you thought about the rpincess meal at the Auberge in Fantasyland?
 In the Studios, the characters from Star`s and Cars are out early afternoon. Check the daily schedule. Online before hand or at both pars they are on display!

Have a great trip!!
Aurora1

grovesie

Hi,

During my previous visits y ou can eat in the breakfast in the park. It's not available every time though. Ask at you hotel reception and they will be able to nform you and issue you with a ticket should it be available.

A good way to see the characters is the descent of the stairs at the Disneyland Hotel.  See below

DSC_8563 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

The characters dance down the stairs and stay for photos. If I remember it's on Thursday to Sunday but not sure of times, you can check with the DLH reception staff

As regards to the princess make over, I would enquire at the DLH reception, they have it service most days.

Hope this helps

GROVESIE

starlight-princess

Thanks for all the tips :)
We are booked in for breakfast at Cafe Mickey so we are super excited about that. I always find it so hard to book experiences at DLP. I hope the princess makeover is on when we are there.

I am hoping the breakfast in the park will be available it sounds fabulous x
Walt Disney World - 14 trips most recent October 2012.
Disneyland - 6 trips most recent May 2009.
Disneyland Paris - 19 trips most recent January 2013.
Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Tokyo Disney Resort still just a dream...

gemmasteele84

breakfast in the park you just ask about on check in. Not sure when you are going but we're just back and did it for 4 days so its not too busy. but your hotel does offer hot breakfast while breakfast in the park doesnt so something to keep in mind.

The princess makeover is still on, we didn't do it but walked past a little girl getting it done while we were there,

Charecters were everywhere! About 1pm they seem to come out in both parks and were about on and off for the rest of the afternoon.  We met so many think kids were bored of it by the end of the hol lol

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "GROVESIE"Hi,

During my previous visits y ou can eat in the breakfast in the park. It's not available every time though. Ask at you hotel reception and they will be able to nform you and issue you with a ticket should it be available.

A good way to see the characters is the descent of the stairs at the Disneyland Hotel.  See below

DSC_8563 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

The characters dance down the stairs and stay for photos. If I remember it's on Thursday to Sunday but not sure of times, you can check with the DLH reception staff

As regards to the princess make over, I would enquire at the DLH reception, they have it service most days.

Hope this helps

GROVESIE
It's usually 4pm, remember seeing it when we arrived, great way to start the holiday!

gemmasteele84

it was 4pm last week :)

PrincessEnya

If you want to meet loads of characters I highly recommend hanging around It's A Small World (especially when you are starting to get a little tired and your feet start to hurt, you know what I mean ;-) ). Many characters come out there. It's also worth just walking around Fantasyland and from Fantasyland to Pirates of the Caribbean. Until last week I'd never been characterhunting, but this way I met over 20 characters including Peter Pan, Wendy, Alice and the Mad Hatter. Also, the Princess Pavilion is fantastic especially with the ticket system nowadays.
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

julesk

We went to the desend of the stairs on thursday (30th May) and it was crazy. Watching Tigger dance was great but as the 4 charactors reached the bottom it was mayhem. Parents pushing little children out of the way, screaming/yelling (no joke) to get noticed. My 5 year old was terrified and when we where about to give up, Tigger noticed and pushed a load of people out the way that where crushing her and signed her book and had a picture. We didnt bother with the rest and got back to the park asap. Would never do it again but it was nice to do something different for a change. .. As for charactors in park, only saw peter/wendy near Pirates but couldnt get near. Plus the mad hatter and queen of hearts but they where just walking through as a pace.  Luckly we did Inventions 3 times, princess meal once and cafe mickey once so we did get some great pictures and filled 2 autograth books (could have done another easily)