Couple of questions before we go in June!

Started by DisneyDonna, May 04, 2013, 11:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyDonna

Hi! We are only a month away before we go to Disneyland, and I still have a couple of questions and advice needed :) Just as background information, we are two teens aged 18 & 17 and we will be staying at Kyriad for 3 nights and 4 days.

1. We are planning to watch Dreams twice, but where is the best place to view it? Last time when I went in november, we thought we had a great spot, but just seconds before the show all parents put their kids on their shoulders so we couldn't really see anything! And how long beforehand should you wait?

2. We also want to spend one night in a bar in a hotel. As Kyriad does not really have a great bar, we are wondering which bar is great for teens like us?

3. We have Café Mickey planned for one day. How much time do the characters spend at your table? Will they come at all even though we are no childeren anymore? If you only take a main course, will they come to your table at all?

4. We also are quite stuck with figuring out with what to do for dinner each time. I realize buffet restaurants are great value, but there are only two of us and that would mean always one of us is alone at the table while the other gets food. Do you have any other advice for meals on a budget? We don't really want to bring our own food as we are going with the coach.

Thank you in advance!

Epcot_Boy

1. We are planning to watch Dreams twice, but where is the best place to view it? Last time when I went in november, we thought we had a great spot, but just seconds before the show all parents put their kids on their shoulders so we couldn't really see anything! And how long beforehand should you wait?

Put very simply, as close to the Chateau as possible. Many will recommend this or that place but in truth the closer you get the better :)  And yes, keep a watch out for parents with young kids, because as soon as the music starts up the kids go up :) . So treat it as a military exercise, constantly moving your position and be prepared to jump in the gaps when they appear =D>

2. We also want to spend one night in a bar in a hotel. As Kyriad does not really have a great bar, we are wondering which bar is great for teens like us?

It's been a few years since I was a teen but the sports bar in the village is good, if you like sports. Watch out for the bar staff though, they don't like giving change, especially when it's busy :x
The Hotel New York has a great bar, my favourite in fact, but it can be expensive. But if you've seen the TV sitcom "Cheers" then you'll know what to expect. I love it :)

3. We have Café Mickey planned for one day. How much time do the characters spend at your table? Will they come at all even though we are no childeren anymore? If you only take a main course, will they come to your table at all?

I Don't think what you order has much to do with it. I've only eaten there once, sometime ago, and the characters paid my party little attention, no kids. Others, however may have had a different experience :)

4. We also are quite stuck with figuring out with what to do for dinner each time. I realize buffet restaurants are great value, but there are only two of us and that would mean always one of us is alone at the table while the other gets food. Do you have any other advice for meals on a budget? We don't really want to bring our own food as we are going with the coach.

If your on a budget, then Buffet restaurants really are the way to go :thumbs:  If, however, you really want to avoid them then the village restaurants are ok, except the Steakhouse which is expensive. Don't forget also, you do have the 'Big Mac' in the village and the Earl of Sandwich.

Have a great Holiday, and don't drink to much :lol:  ;)  :thumbs:

David

DisneyDonna

Ah thank you for the reply! This will help us greatly :) And don't worry, we are not planning on drinking much ;)

gemmasteele84

It does get very busy, if you manage to get somewhere in front of a fence or the flowerbeds thats obviously best as nobody in front of you. Agree with Epcot boy though, moving about is the best plan.

Hotel new york does have a great bar but its very pricey. £9 for a jack daniels and coke.

There were a few 'adults only' tables when we went and they didn't go right to you, going to the kids tables first. However if you wave at them or make it obvious you want to see them they were happy to come over and have photos etc.

- fast food is probably your best bet if you don't like buffets. Some places also have set menus for a certain amount which I think is quite good value sometimes. best to look at the menus on here to get an idea :)

DisneyDonna

Thank you! We might actually skip Cafe Mickey then... I  don't want to be paying a lot of money for the characters if they don't really come to your table.

gemmasteele84

To be honest we saw so many round the parks it wasnt a big thing if we hadn't have gone. If you go to the desent of the stars (4pm thursday to sunday) at the disneyland hotel its really quiet and you get to meet a fair few there for free.

DisneyDonna

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"To be honest we saw so many round the parks it wasnt a big thing if we hadn't have gone. If you go to the desent of the stars (4pm thursday to sunday) at the disneyland hotel its really quiet and you get to meet a fair few there for free.

ah thanks for the tip! Won't waste our money then!