May trip help please

Started by julesk, May 02, 2013, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

Hi.

Sorry to start a new topic but I have a few questions that I havent been able to find answers to on here yet? Sorry if I have missed them and sorry if the questions seem stupid. We are heading to DLP in a few weeks for visit number 5 (visit 3 with our princess) and are determined to do everything we have missed on previous trips, which so far with your help already is a lot.  Very excited  :)

On the ride Orbitron, can you control the height you go up to , in the way you can control the Dumbo ride?

Is the new Meet Mickey Mouse attraction any different from meeting Mickey in say, Inventions? We are doing inventions twice, cafe mickey etc so I am unsure its worth the time wasted queueing to see him again. I have watched you tube videos but still not sure?  :oops:

What is the best place to watch dreams with a small child - how long before should you arrive during peak times? Didn't want to wait around longer than necessary due to our daughter getting restless when tired?

We are driving from La Harve ferry port, coming via Paris ring road, has anyone done this route? Was it ok as you get close to central Paris? We have driven around central Paris, never again!!  :shock:

When is the quietest time to attempt the Princess Pavillion? Last year we waited 2 hours to see the one princess we didnt really mind missing and where only with her for 3 mins. We are doing Princess meal twice but would be a shame to miss seeing one more Princess.

Last one, we are aiming to drive to La Vallee Shopping Village. Is it hard to get to by car or better by bus from hotel?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for all your help already. I love this site  :thumbs:

Zee79

Quote from: "julesk"Hi.

Sorry to start a new topic but I have a few questions that I havent been able to find answers to on here yet? Sorry if I have missed them and sorry if the questions seem stupid. We are heading to DLP in a few weeks for visit number 5 (visit 3 with our princess) and are determined to do everything we have missed on previous trips, which so far with your help already is a lot.  Very excited  :)

On the ride Orbitron, can you control the height you go up to , in the way you can control the Dumbo ride?
Yes you can control how high you go.

Is the new Meet Mickey Mouse attraction any different from meeting Mickey in say, Inventions? We are doing inventions twice, cafe mickey etc so I am unsure its worth the time wasted queueing to see him again. I have watched you tube videos but still not sure?  :oops:
In the meet and greet attraction you queue in a theatre style setting with disney cartoons playing- alternate between french and english. We queued for about 30 mins last august. You are sent to wait near a room once at the front and have your picture taken with Mickey. You are in for a total of 5 mins.

What is the best place to watch dreams with a small child - how long before should you arrive during peak times? Didn't want to wait around longer than necessary due to our daughter getting restless when tired?
The best place is to the front of the castle. In peak times you need to be there about 45 mins before hand if not earlier. I'm afraid she will get bored, my two did and they are 10 and 6. I would recommend you take something to occupy her while you wait.

We are driving from La Harve ferry port, coming via Paris ring road, has anyone done this route? Was it ok as you get close to central Paris? We have driven around central Paris, never again!!  :shock:

Sorry can't answer this one as we drive either from calais or dunkirk. Those roads are bad enough haha

When is the quietest time to attempt the Princess Pavillion? Last year we waited 2 hours to see the one princess we didnt really mind missing and where only with her for 3 mins. We are doing Princess meal twice but would be a shame to miss seeing one more Princess.
I think the quietest times would be first thing on a monring when it opens or during parade times. If doing the meal then i think this should be enough.

Last one, we are aiming to drive to La Vallee Shopping Village. Is it hard to get to by car or better by bus from hotel?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for all your help already. I love this site  :thumbs:

Sorry i couldn't answer all your questions, hope this helps. :)

amanda08

I think They have got the ticket system up and running again for the princess pavilion. There are 3 times in a day when you can collect a ticket and I understand that at around 9.45am during emh is the best time to try. You get a time slot to come back at and should hopefully then only have a maximum wait of about 20 mins . We will be trying this out in our trip in 3 weeks  :)

julesk

Thank you Zee79, thats a great help. Think we will only do Mickey if weather is bad or we have spare time. Dreading dreams wait, 11pm show is going to be a nightmare but determined to do it at least twice  [-o<

Thank you amanda08, think your going same week as us. Really hope the ticket style fast pass is being used that week. Do you know where you get the tickets? Our daughter is princess obcessed so its a must to see as many as possible. Last year we only managed one in the pavillion and a wave from the parade princesses. But she danced with Minnie Mouse so that made up for it  :D

Thanks again  :thumbs:

never2old

You get the tickets for the princesses close to the old mill, I think (you'll see it's indicated) As far as I know ticket system is now permanent!!

We're also going in May and not sure how we'll manage Dreams (our little one is just 2 though), we'll probably end up taking turns so that one goes back to the room with her while the other stays for Dreams, 22:30 and 23:00 when we're there! When we went last November it was much earlier, and we watched it from the terrace outside Plaza Gardens. The view wasn't perfect (a few trees on the way), but we could still see most of it. And the area seemed to stay farily quiet until the end (the park wasnt particularly busy either, but still....) Our little one had space to run around while we waited, and when the show started, she could stand on one of the tables to see it (and saved us having to hold her throughout the show)

It's very easy to find the shopping village, it's quite well indicated. You can easily drive there (parking can be quite bad on weekends though). It takes about 5 minutes from Disney!

julesk

Thanks Never2old, if the tickets are permanent thats the best news about disney since dreams! Our daughter is 5 and thats bad enough for dreams. Really hope your little one manages to see it, fingers crossed for you. . You mentioned 22.30 and 23.00. Is that the time of the show as I just assumed it was 23.00 as it says park closing time, which has been confirmed at 23.00. I know its only half hour, but will make a huge difference. Considering letting her sleep and waking her up before it starts. But then risk not being able to see much! Knew we should have gone in Feb half term!

TigerLily

A ticket system for the Pavillion?! That's brilliant!

never2old

Quote from: "julesk"Thanks Never2old, if the tickets are permanent thats the best news about disney since dreams! Our daughter is 5 and thats bad enough for dreams. Really hope your little one manages to see it, fingers crossed for you. . You mentioned 22.30 and 23.00. Is that the time of the show as I just assumed it was 23.00 as it says park closing time, which has been confirmed at 23.00. I know its only half hour, but will make a huge difference. Considering letting her sleep and waking her up before it starts. But then risk not being able to see much! Knew we should have gone in Feb half term!

When we're there park closes at 22:30 one evening and 23:00 the next, Dreams is on once per day, at closing time.

julesk

Your there before us, just checked and it says closing 23.00 for all our trip. Thanks for your help.

never2old

No problem :)

Not long to go now!!! :D

gemmasteele84

the ticket system is there to stay and in the morning is very much the best time to go. but be there at least 15 minutes before ticket time (so (;45 be there at least 9:30) as queues get huge.  The ticket you get in the morning seems to be about an hour later while when we went in the afternoon it was almost 2 hours, long time to wander about the area.
If you are doing the princess meal twice though you probably wont want to do it too often as you will 'double up' on princess a lot.

julesk

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"the ticket system is there to stay and in the morning is very much the best time to go. but be there at least 15 minutes before ticket time (so (;45 be there at least 9:30) as queues get huge.  The ticket you get in the morning seems to be about an hour later while when we went in the afternoon it was almost 2 hours, long time to wander about the area.
If you are doing the princess meal twice though you probably wont want to do it too often as you will 'double up' on princess a lot.

Thank you, sorry can I ask? If you get a ticket for say 10am and there is a big queue. Do you just join the queue or is there a difference entrance? Sorry, hope that makes sence, never used fast pass on previous trips but planning to this year. If the wait is shorter, might reconsider two princess meals. (Your photos have been a great help too  :thumbs: )

mdw

So with a princess fast pass how long did you queue?

gemmasteele84

you just join the queue. What happens is at each time they give out say 200 tickets ( I dont know exactly how many they give out thats a guess). once those are gone they're gone and you need to come back at the next time.
So for example at 10:30am you would queue for a ticket. They would give out  say 50 for slots between 10:30-10:50, then 50 for 10:50 to 11:20 etc, etc. Once those 200 tickets are gone you would need to wait untill they next time the tickets are given out at 11:45 where 200 tickets will be given for slots for later in the day and so on.
if you dont have a ticket for that time they won't let you in so its not a fast pass really its an actual pass.

We had an easy access pass as my husband is disabled but our friends queued a few times and it was about 30 minutes to get the pass, then depending how quick they got there for their times 30-45 minutes to get in. They don't tell you which princess are in there but they did go in once when it was sleeping beauty and snow white, the only two they'd already seen. They said this and the CMs let them wait to one side until the next 'shift' when belle came in.

julesk

Thank you, thats a great help as always  :thumbs: . So helpful having a mum to ask who has only just come back.