Travel Advice & how to get price down!

Started by Labyrinth, February 10, 2013, 09:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labyrinth

I need help!
I'm planning a trip from 5th April-7th & after reading the How much do you spend on your trip? Thread I realised everyone was cheaper than what I have.
The current price is £547 for 2 adults & 1 child (ish depending on which site) staying at the hotel kyriad with 3 day park tickets. I have looked at travel but it's very expensive.

Any tips or advice?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

AislingM

Do you have to fly or how are you getting there? I tend to book most of my trips once a special offer comes out , and purposely take my hols from work in off peak times to try drive the price down too.  Are you signed up to the official disney paris website so they can send you special offers?
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Labyrinth

Quote from: "AislingM"Do you have to fly or how are you getting there? I tend to book most of my trips once a special offer comes out , and purposely take my hols from work in off peak times to try drive the price down too.  Are you signed up to the official disney paris website so they can send you special offers?
It's either a flight or Eurostar I think.
Yep signed up.

AislingM

That 2 night 2 day offer is over now so fingers crossed something nice will suddenly spring up for you! If you stay off site are your park tickets included or have you to pay for them on top of the hotel?
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

Labyrinth

Quote from: "AislingM"That 2 night 2 day offer is over now so fingers crossed something nice will suddenly spring up for you! If you stay off site are your park tickets included or have you to pay for them on top of the hotel?
Im paying for them separately.
Do they do like last minute cheaper deals?

Elaine

Quote from: "Labyrinth"I need help!
I'm planning a trip from 5th April-7th & after reading the How much do you spend on your trip? Thread I realised everyone was cheaper than what I have.
The current price is £547 for 2 adults & 1 child (ish depending on which site) staying at the hotel kyriad with 3 day park tickets. I have looked at travel but it's very expensive.

Any tips or advice?

unfortunately you are going in the school holidays, and the Eurostar/flight fares for your dates have been out for about 6 months already, so there will not be any cheap fares left. Have you looked at indirect (via lille) Eurostar fares to DLP?

For the hotel, the Kyriad is £201 on its own for your dates on travelrepublic. How old is your child? It might be cheaper getting  Fantasy annual passes through cemultiavantages or promoparcs (as if your child is aged under 7 when you go they get a free annual pass when you buy one through either of these sites). They are currently 125 euros each on these sites, and they give you extra magic hours access (which normal park tickets don't do if you are staying at the Kyriad).

AislingM

You could be able to do it a little cheaper booking direct with Disney especially if they do bring out an offer , at least then your tickets are included. And go with what Elaine says because she has never steered me wrong!
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

Labyrinth

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "Labyrinth"I need help!

Any tips or advice?

unfortunately you are going in the school holidays, and the Eurostar/flight fares for your dates have been out for about 6 months already, so there will not be any cheap fares left. Have you looked at indirect (via lille) Eurostar fares to DLP?

For the hotel, the Kyriad is £201 on its own for your dates on travelrepublic. How old is your child? It might be cheaper getting  Fantasy annual passes through cemultiavantages or promoparcs (as if your child is aged under 7 when you go they get a free annual pass when you buy one through either of these sites). They are currently 125 euros each on these sites, and they give you extra magic hours access (which normal park tickets don't do if you are staying at the Kyriad).

I am just trying to look for indirect fares can't seem to find them.
Child is older than £7 & I found a deal where you get the price of 2 day ticket for a 3 day ticket :)

Elaine

just had a look on the eurostar site - plenty of indirect (one change) fares there,  but the cheapest return fare I can see is around £400.

Labyrinth

Quote from: "Elaine"just had a look on the eurostar site - plenty of indirect (one change) fares there,  but the cheapest return fare I can see is around £400.
Ah yes I just realised
Aww I guess I may have to consider looking at another date
Will have to have a think thanks for the help  :thumbs:

Zee79

Hi,
If you are paying for your tickets separate have you thought about annual passes?  This is what we have done. We stayed out last summer (a week stay) and paid for annual pass. We have now booked to go in May and are hoping to book for New Year before they expire. We have got a huge discount off the hotels this time round. A friend is paying £1000 to stay in the Sequoia for her and 1 child, excluding traveling by eurostar. We are only paying £735 for a family of 4 (1 under 7 so free). This is during May half term. You get 35% off hotels. If it wasn't for the annual pass we would not be going back as quick. It is an expense at first but you can save a lot- 10% off restaurants for meals and 20% off in shops, this discount soon adds up plus other benefits.

jazzyjules72

We have already booked 4 nights 5 days for June 2014 for 2 adults and our 6 year old son, it was £680 approx for hotel-Sequoia Lodge and park tickets. We also priced Cheyenne which was about £86 cheaper, including eurostar was £980.

2014 June - Sequoia Lodge