Food pics??

Started by cinderslg, April 06, 2013, 02:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinderslg

Hi everyone, just 5 weeks to go and I cant decide about where to eat.  :?
Has anyone any nice food pics or recommendations for good food at reasonable  :roll:  prices
Plus I think we all like to droole over food/dessert pics  :D  :D

Rafael

I would recommend having pasta by the fireplace at Sequoia's Redwood Bar after spending a day at the park. The price is reasonable and the atmosphere is priceless. Unfortunately I don't have pictures to share, but I can't recommend this place enough. :)

cinderslg

We are staying in sequoia  :D  didnt even  realise they done bar food.
Its these little 'hidden gems' that makes this forum so good  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Din97

If you go to this website  -->

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dinin ... ant-menus/

There is a list of all the food services offered in both parks and also in Disney Village, these also include all the prices.

I am a photo fanatic so I do have some food pics, all the following photos were taken last August meaning in 2012 :)

1. Earl of Sandwich - My brother really liked these sandwiches, he tried 'Earl's Club' & 'Full Montagu', however my mother and I didn't like it as much and we preferred to eat elsewhere. Here, they have a really good system which consists of ordering and then giving you a buzzer which beeps when your order is ready, this avoids accumulation of people at the counter, when the buzzer lights up you simply go to the counter and you are giving your order.

2. A restaurant we simply adore is Cafe Hyperion, we really enjoy eating whilst watching shows/singing. A drawback of this would be the long queues and to find a table to be seated is horrible, I think that its really popular. If you want to go here I advise that you find a table before you order the meal. In fact we ate here twice.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. The 3rd restaurant that we visited was Colonel Haithi Pizza Outpost. The mickey shaped pizza is from the Kid's selection, and in my opinion it was delicious, no long queues (we didn't go in the rush hour) here so we found it very convenient and enjoyable.

1994 ~ New York Hotel
2004 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2006 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2012 ~ Dream Castle Hotel
2013 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2014 ~ Magic Circus Hotel
2015 ~ Dream Castle Hotel

Din97

BTW, you can also go on tripadvisor.com and type what you want to check out , for example
I wish to see planet Hollywoods reviews and food --> http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... rance.html and so on.

Hope this helps :)
1994 ~ New York Hotel
2004 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2006 ~ Hotel Santa Fe

MaryBobbins

I'd second the recommendation for Colonel Hathis! Food is pizza & pasta counter service so quite reasonably priced but the restaurant itself is a lovely place - fantastic theming. If you're looking for a healthy option I'd highly recommend the salad - huge bowl of really fresh leaves (plus cheese, egg, chicken etc) and tasty dressing  - 7 Euros I think.

We'd enjoyed Ludwig's in the Village on a previous visit but went there for lunch one day and the food was ok but nothing special for the price, the service was pretty poor too. I preferred the Salad at Colonel Hathis!

My other tip is if you go to the Wild West show have a very small or snack lunch as the dinner portions are HUGE and surprisingly delicious considering how much food they're sending out at once.

Lots of restaurants were closed when we went (2-6 April) so don't get your heart set on particular menus. There were more open on the Saturday when the park was busier.

cinderslg

Thanks for the tips, EoS is definately on our list it wasnt open before.  Those kids pizzas do look good I think colonel haithis will go on the list too  :D   :D

Din97

you're welcome! Enjoy!
1994 ~ New York Hotel
2004 ~ Hotel Santa Fe
2006 ~ Hotel Santa Fe

pialykke

I think my mission next time is to take as many food-photos as poss, as there don't seem to be that many about... Tried googling etc. but don't get much come up... I'm curious!!! ;)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe