Javey74's Summary Trip Report [26th Mar - 29th Mar 2013]

Started by Javey74, April 03, 2013, 11:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

Amazing pictures,  your very lucky. Last March we didnt see a single charactor walking around. We will diffently keep an out eye in your suggested locations. Did you happen to see Rapunzel & Flynn anywhere? My 5 yr old is desperate to see them. Thanks

Javey74

Quote from: "mdw"Thank you!
You're welcome..  :)

Quote from: "julesk"Amazing pictures,  your very lucky. Last March we didnt see a single charactor walking around. We will diffently keep an out eye in your suggested locations. Did you happen to see Rapunzel & Flynn anywhere? My 5 yr old is desperate to see them. Thanks
No, Rapunzel was only in the Princess Pavillion as she was in March 2012, no flynn either..  :|

We only caught them together in November 2010 on the now desolate Castle Stage..  :o

julesk

Thank you. Your photo with Rapunzel and Flynn is lovely. Its such a shame the princess pavillion isnt better organised as we have never seen a princess there that we wanted to see.

Thanks again  :D

Javey74

Quote from: "julesk"Thank you. Your photo with Rapunzel and Flynn is lovely. Its such a shame the princess pavillion isnt better organised as we have never seen a princess there that we wanted to see.

Thanks again  :D
I know what you mean, if you don't wait well before opening the queue time is on average 90mins up to 120mins and once you get to meet one Princess it's over in seconds. For the time you have waited you should get your photo with both of them, moving from one area through to the next..  :)

They also change every 45 mins or so, we saw Rapunzel going in with Cinderella, then Belle, not sure who followed after that as we were inside by then..  :roll:

When we eventually got to the Princess it was Cinderella on this occasion..  :)

I'm also convinced that another selling tactic was inforce here as well.  when I came to take the photos with my camera on two occasions the flash did not work even though the background was quite dim, it was then I happen to notice that there was a glare from above. The lighting was different to the previous year, this time the backgound was dimmer and there was little frontal light on the subject. It appeared that the light was coming straight down from the ceiling to the floor just in front of Cinderella. The positioning was all wrong. On most camera's the light sensor picks up the light levels and tells the camera if a flash is needed or not, but with the lighting from above glaring back well infront of the subects, it fooled the camera into thinking there was enough light in the room, so the flash would not be needed, but once the picture was taken it's showed the subjects and the background to be really dim. Luckily for me after two failed flash attempts the CM spoke up and said "Ok one more only". I quickly looked for the forced flash setting, which I was lucky to find quite quickly as I'd just upgraded my camera this year and not fully used all the general features on it. The flash finally went off..  :roll:

Again, had it not,  it would have been a case of having to buy the professional one, at a greater cost. Good light trickery and camera foolery on this one..  :o

So remember your forced flash when you go in..  :mrgreen:

You can see below how much brighter everything was with Rapunzel on the previous year, full brightness on her body and background, where as Cinderella has cast shadowing on her face as well as the background. Rapunzel's is much better with more frontal and background lighting, still triggering the Auto Flash, spreading the light more evenly..  ;)

Yet on the other side of the coin, on meeting Mickey in his Pavillion the back and front lighting was really bright, causing no problems at all with the shot..  :?

Javey74

A few of my random favourites from our recent trip..  :D

Adventureland

Sheriff-Woody

Wow! Great trip report and photos Javey74 !  :D  Have you got any with Sheriff Woody?  ;)
[size=150]~ Sheriff Woody[/size]

Javey74

Quote from: "Sheriff-Woody"Wow! Great trip report and photos Javey74 !  :D  Have you got any with Sheriff Woody?  ;)
Thanks for comments Sheriff-Woody..  :D  

As for Woody, not on this trip, though he was around. Here is one we got from March 2012..  :)

Sheriff-Woody

Thanks for sharing Javey, he is on my checklist for my trip in June! ;)
[size=150]~ Sheriff Woody[/size]

Javey74

Another few favourites from our trip..   :D

Discoveryland