Advice required - travelling from CDG to Disney

Started by louisee, March 04, 2013, 11:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louisee

Would anyone be able to offer some practical advice please.  I'm flying to CDG with with my husband and three young children for our very first Disneyland trip.  We're arriving quite late at 8pm on a Sunday and when I've been looking at transfer information I'm starting to panick because the shuttle bus stops running at 8pm.  I've been told that we could use the fast train straight to Disney but the last one is at 9.20pm.  Do you think we will make it in time because we are landing at terminal 3 and the trains are from T2?  Also, I've called the airport to enquire about taxi's and they apparently only take 3 at a time?  I'm worried this will end up costing a fortune.  Is there anyone out there who has landed at night? Many thanks........

gemma2806

Hi Louisee last year the last shuttle bus left the airport at 8:50pm, I don't know if this has changed or not but if the airport is not busy at this time you might be able to make this as you can get a free airport shuttle bus from T3 to T2. If you can't make this you should easily be able to make the 9:20pm fast train as again you just catch the free airport shuttle to T2 and follow the signs for the TGV station. Don't panic as you should be able to catch one of these two transport options. If you do come unstuck you can hire a minibus taxi to take you but this isn't cheap. Hope this is of some help.

IrishMinnie

We are using Eazyshuttle, can not recommend them highly enough.

louisee

Thank you for your replies, you've certainly put my mind at rest.  I've heard that the direct train is probably the fastest option and it isn't that expensive as well.  We really can't wait to go and we just want the journey there to go as smoothly as possible. :D

bensmum

Private transfers can work out cheaper depending on ages of children and would save you a lot of hassle. Check out the prices before booking, they take you direct to the hotel. We use them when we are arriving and the train on the way back.

captain rocket

I agree with bensmum, CDG is a vast airport and I have known the taxi from landing to the terminal to take 20minutes! With 5 of you a private shuttle would probably be cheaper and will meet you outside of your terminal and take you direct to your hotel. There would be no concerns about arriving too late for the TGV  or the VEA shuttle! Like bensmum, I always use a private shuttle when I arrive later in the evening and take the TGV back. I would book a shared transport as it is cheaper and you often get it to yourself! I use RS transport, who have been recommended on this site by several members.
Have a great time at Disney!!