Parades and Early Restaurant Bookings

Started by julesk, January 26, 2013, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

Hi, was hoping for a little advise. Sorry to start a new topic, sorry if I have missed this topic elsewhere.  :oops:

We are booked to go to DLRP in the May half term 2013 and are determined to do everything we missed out on for one reason or another in the past. Inc the 20th celebrations to the full  :D/

We want to book Inventions and a few other hard to get into Restaurants but where wondering if anyone knows if Disney Magic on Parade will be around the same sort of time as it would have been in last May (2012). If so, does anyone have an old schedule to confirm the time please?? My daughter is only 5 yrs old and always eats at 6pm but I am guessing the parade will be on then. We are huge Rapunzell and Flynn Ryder fans and cant wait to try and get a wave from them.

Anyway, if I booked our tables next month, secure our places but then miss out else where it will be so disappointing.  Plus I have been reading on here that people take there places for dreams hours before it starts. Is this really needed as we usually give it an hour before parades. If any one can suggest good spot for a little one too that would be great.

Sorry for so many questions. So excited, counting weeks already  :thumbs:

Elaine

you can only book your restaurants for DLP a maximum of 60 days before your trip, so that would be end of March for you I guess.

On weekends, yes, folk stake our their spots especially on Main St and around the Castle an hour or so before parade - but my favourite place to watch the parade is up in Fantasyland, opposite the Pizzeria Bella Notte restaurant. You can tip up there around 15 minutes before the parade midweek usually and get a ropeside spot.

julesk

Thanks Elaine, thats a great help. We usually head to main street but will diffently try out your spot. .. I read on the disneyland website that it was 3 months before arrival for meal bookings, but have found a few mistakes on there. Thanks

hawian rollercoaster

anyone have the number for dining reservations.

norhel

Quote from: "hawian rollercoaster"anyone have the number for dining reservations.
Try +33 (0) 1 60 30 40 50
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Kt

We just got back and the parade was at 5pm (so, 4pm UK time) We came accross it pretty much by accident and found a space really easily by a rope off bit where the parade joined central plaza (maybe just 15 mins before) Having said t hat it was the quietest we had ever seen the park probably due to the snow.
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: "julesk"Hi, was hoping for a little advise. Sorry to start a new topic, sorry if I have missed this topic elsewhere.  :oops:

We are booked to go to DLRP in the May half term 2013 and are determined to do everything we missed out on for one reason or another in the past. Inc the 20th celebrations to the full  :D/

We want to book Inventions and a few other hard to get into Restaurants but where wondering if anyone knows if Disney Magic on Parade will be around the same sort of time as it would have been in last May (2012). If so, does anyone have an old schedule to confirm the time please?? My daughter is only 5 yrs old and always eats at 6pm but I am guessing the parade will be on then. We are huge Rapunzell and Flynn Ryder fans and cant wait to try and get a wave from them.

Anyway, if I booked our tables next month, secure our places but then miss out else where it will be so disappointing.  Plus I have been reading on here that people take there places for dreams hours before it starts. Is this really needed as we usually give it an hour before parades. If any one can suggest good spot for a little one too that would be great.

Sorry for so many questions. So excited, counting weeks already  :thumbs:

Hi
Disney Magic on Parade was at 7pm last May/June half term.  I hope that helps  :)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

julesk

Thank you sulleysarms, thats a great help.   :thumbs:   Counting down weeks now!!    :D