Disneyland Paris wins diversity award

Started by Kristof, October 18, 2012, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Read the full press release:

Trophée de la Diversité®
Disneyland Paris receives the Special Jury Prize for its innovative I.D.E©M. project

Marne-la-Vallée, France, 18 October 2012 – Disneyland Paris has been unanimously awarded
the Special Jury Prize by the human resources consultancy firm, Diversity Conseil, for its
innovative I.D.E©M. project. I.D.E©M is a legitimate internal authority designed and run by
the company's employees on a daily basis to combat discrimination.

Established in September 2011, I.D.E©M.*'s main purpose is to welcome, listen to and support any
of the company's employees who feel that they have been subject to discrimination at any point
during their career with the company. It provides an accurate measure of the company's social
performance, and is both a means of support and mediation for employees, and a social monitoring
tool as part of the company's psychosocial risk prevention plan. This internal authority within
Disneyland Paris was devised, developed and created by the company's Cast Members**.

I.D.E©M. was introduced following a survey (The Diversity Caravan) conducted among employees
in 2008 to tackle the subject of discrimination within the company.

The Special Jury Prize awarded to Disneyland Paris at the 7th annual Trophées de la Diversité
awards, is testimony to the company's long-standing commitment to preventing discrimination,
offering equal opportunities and promoting diversity.

Highly-committed Diversity Champions
A year after its launch, 85 hearings have been held. Thirty-three dossiers were opened, of which
eighteen have now been closed. Only two were considered to be potential cases of discrimination
and were recognized and acted upon by the company.

Forty or so Cast Members have volunteered to receive on-going training for over two years in order
to become Diversity Champions. In order to carry out their actions, they are granted fourteen hours
"off rota" per month, equating to a total of more than 6700 hours, to carry out these additional
duties.

"Even during uncertain economic times, Disneyland Paris continues to look at ways of improving
working conditions for its employees," says Daniel Dreux, Vice-President of Human Resources. He
went on to add, "We are delighted to have been awarded the Special Jury Prize for the I.D.E©M.
project, which is testimony to the company's strong commitment and to our employees' investment".

The Trophées de la Diversité are awarded annually by Diversity Conseil to companies that best
incorporate diversity into their global strategy, and thus reward good practices as well as innovative
approaches. The seventh annual awards were made possible thanks to partnerships with the
CGPME IDF [Ile-de-France General Confederation of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises], the
ESSEC [Business Schoo], IMS-Entreprendre pour la cité [French organisation gathering more than
230 companies engaged in promoting corporate social responsibility], the Secrétariat Général de la
Charte de la diversité [secretariat general for the French diversity charter], the AFMD [French
association of diversity managers] and the ANDRH [national association of HR directors].

Source