Tangled (Disney 2010)

Started by Kristof, September 08, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Zachery Levi is God... Chuck and Kip (Less than Perfect)

Wooo Hooo!

COme on Rapunzel! Let Down your hair and knock me into Fairytale heaven!

howtodeal

What do you guys think of this new picture from Rapunzel! Iam pleasantly surprised  :mrgreen:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2llhfyx.jpg

Columbiad

Wow.

I'm not sure how to react to that.

On one hand, It looks more like Pixar than Disney Animation. This could be a good or bad thing, but its most certainly an improvement from thier earlier computer-animated stuff. Hm....

Although I am disapointed Kristen Chenoweth wont be voiceing Rapunzel. I was very excited about that.

Thanks for Sharing, howtodeal. :)

peep

Wow. If that is the style of the film then I'm very impressed. Yeah so maybe it's a little Pixarish  but it looks so detailed and I can't wait to see a part of this film animated.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

howtodeal

You're welcome Columbiad  :D  

I found other versions of this picture, Rapunzel with different hair colors.
They all look good, but she looks a lot like Ariel with the red hair

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2963/rapunzelred.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6222 ... lbrown.jpg

I don't know why its taking them so long to release a teaser especially with the movie's release being pushed
forward to November instead of December.

luke85

Quote from: "howtodeal"I don't know why its taking them so long to release a teaser especially with the movie's release being pushed
forward to November instead of December.
I'm not sure why either, hopefully the'll release one sooner rather than later... I'd love to see a teaser before the PATF when it shows in UK cinemas.

Love the pic though, I think it's a great look!

pussinboots

Is THAT the plot for this? Two modern day cynical real-life people being thrust into Disney fairy tale fantasyland? Like a reversed Enchanted?

I was kind of hoping they'd stop being so Shrek-ish and postmodern after the success of Princess and the Frog. That they'd return to the more sincere type of fairy tale film.

Poor Glen Keane, though. Poor guy has been working on this since 2002.

(And I must admit I actually like that latest screenshot — yes, it's 3D, but there's a handdrawn quality about it. Clearly Glen Keane's skills are in there.)

[edit] Sorry, I'd missed Anthony's explanation on the second page. Apparently they've changed their minds about the Enchanted shtick. Good!

Anthony

From the looks of that image, the prince (?) will save her and then get a bit more than he bargained for. You can see why it's computer animated with that hair, anyway!

Quotes from Wikipedia:

QuoteKeane also promises that he's going back to Rapunzel's literary origins to do a traditional, character-driven fairy tale that speaks to a modern audience. "It's a story of the need for each person to become who they are supposed to be and for a parent to set them free so they can become that. It will be a musical and a comedy and have a lot of heart and sincerity. I think that's what Disney needs to do right now. No one else can do it. We should not be embarrassed or make excuses for doing a fairy tale."

At the D23 convention in Anaheim California on September 2009, Disney Animation creative head John Lasseter explained that the film has a lot of "girl power." This new interpretation of Rapunzel will be a more independent princess, and she uses her 70-foot-long hair for a variety of purposes, such as a whip, or a ladder.
Perhaps more Sex and the City than Shrek... The modern day conceit is gone but Rapunzel seems to have kept some of those characteristics. Maybe we'll see her sitting round for lunch with the forest critters discussing how the guy was like, so useless at trying to climb her hair. haha

Although Glen Keane's quote "for each person to become who they are supposed to be and for a parent to set them free so they can become that" sounds rather like The Little Mermaid to me.

pussinboots

That's a very clean version of a dirty joke there, haha. But, well, the plot does indeed sound familiar enough. Which is good. And I'm very glad Glen Keane has articulated that thought we've all had for years; that Disney shouldn't have to make excuses for doing a fairy tale story in the shape of a Seth MacFarlane-flavored glaze.

Though Enchanted was fun... It's a gimmick. Thought: Could it have been that the reality/fantasy crossover was originally conceived for Rapunzel, but was then picked up for Enchanted in the knowledge that Rapunzel would take a different approach? Because it seems odd that Disney would have wanted to release two such similar films.

Also exciting by the way: Alan Menken.

howtodeal

Pussinboots

John Lasseter wanted them to scrap the previous idea and start working on the movie again, i remember reading
an article about how John was very impressed with the first half of the movie but he didn't like what happens
after that. He also did the same with Bolt. I hated the original idea of Bolt tbh, he was supposed to be a real
super hero  :roll: I personally trust John Lasseter's decisions. Bolt and "Princess and the Frog" are excellent
movies and definetly a step to the right direction for Disney and i think we should expect
great movies as long as John is the head
of Disney Animation Studios  :) This guy knows what Disney is all about  :mrgreen:

dagobert

Quote from: "howtodeal"Pussinboots

John Lasseter wanted them to scrap the previous idea and start working on the movie again, i remember reading
an article about how John was very impressed with the first half of the movie but he didn't like what happens
after that. He also did the same with Bolt. I hated the original idea of Bolt tbh, he was supposed to be a real
super hero  :roll: I personally trust John Lasseter's decisions. Bolt and "Princess and the Frog" are excellent
movies and definetly a step to the right direction for Disney and i think we should expect
great movies as long as John is the head
of Disney Animation Studios  :) This guy knows what Disney is all about  :mrgreen:

Well said. I couldn't agree more with what you said. John Lasseter is the best thing that Disney happened in the last years and I trust him with what he is doing to the movies.

littlemermaid83

Is Mandy Moore still doing the voice for Rapunzel or has it changed?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

lil-shawn

It seems like Rapunzel will get renamed into "Tangled" you can read it here:

//http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/02/hair-today-gone-tomorrow.html

luke85

Oh I really hope they don't end up changing the name.

'Tangled'...? That's so vague and boring. I can't see how changing the name of a film will have a drastic impact on how many people want to go and see it. When I go and see a film I go because I have an interest in the story, not the name.

howtodeal

Unfortunately, lots of young boys did not see Princess and the Frog because it is a princess movie and we all
know how this brand is heavily marketed towards young girls. So i can understand why they are thinking about
changing the movie title.  :(  the merchandise will do well but the movie itself will not if they started selling
Rapunzel dolls even before the movie opens  :shock: