Trip Report 13th-17th December 2012

Started by natalie1313, December 28, 2012, 03:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie1313

I have lost count how many times i have visited Disneyland Paris but it is most certainly over 20, it's my favourite place in the world.  I'm just going to fill you guys in on some things that i encountered during my recent trip :)

We stayed in the new montana rooms in the sequoia lodge, we had a lovely room on the top floor (7) with a lake view, you could see quite a lot from the window it was lovely!  the room was very clean and comfortable, would definitely be staying in one again as I've only stayed in the lodges at the SL before.  We didn't go to the park this day as it was already about 7pm when we arrived thanks to the rush hour traffic jams! so we just had a quiet night. We watched dreams from the window and then hopped on the train to val d' europe. Coming back we were stopped at the new security check entering disney village and were told we could not enter because we had purchased a bottle of wine! we explained that we were only going back to the hotel room but we were told it wasn't possible and that we had to take the bus! i felt that this was a bit unnecessary as we had to wait in the cold for the bus when we could had been back in the room already! at the bus stop two russian woman approached and asked why we had to take the bus  so we explained about the wine and they had the same thing happen to them! we all talked about how stupid we felt this rule was but i guess there might be some people who would abuse it if there was no restrictions.

we had many lovely and busy days at the parks, we went from 8am til closing time! at the weekend (15th and 16th) the park was jam packed! this was our first weekend spent at disneyland in a very long time and i wont be making that mistake again! almost all the rides were at least 60 minutes. In the studios crush was queuing all round almost up to animagique! luckily we got on in less than 5 minutes having arrived at the park at 9am, we took pictures of the empty queue area outside haha.

Overall all the staff in the parks were lovely and so helpful! they really add that extra magic to your trip. When paying for items in one of the stores the cast member was having some difficulty with an elderly customer, they had a language barrier so we tried to help out the situation and tried to explain to her that she was short of money  (she thought the 500ml bottle sign meant it cost 50 cents..)  afterwards he kept apologizing and thanking us for helping him out.

On our last day we encountered something that has never happened to me before. It was late at night and we decided to have one last go on Space Mountain before watching dreams, all was going well until the train stopped just before one of the drop turns. After a few minutes they turned the lights on and announced that there was technical difficulty's. We sat there in front row, might i add feeling quite scared! there was a little girl behind us who was crying, i think everyone was a little worried. There was announcements but they were only in french so we were left wondering what was happening until eventually after some time they made one in english that said the cast members were coming to rescue us as the journey could not continue, we were really scared at the thought of having to walk down from the very high height we were at! i could hear the other train which was on a lower level getting emptied then eventually there was running up the stairs as two cast members arrived, one wearing a harness and a  also maintenance guy with tools. The cast member wearing the harness came and asked us if we spoke english and explained that he was going to climb on to back of our seats and open the harnesses? not sure what they are called. This was very comforting and we are extremely grateful that he took the time to explain everything to us, can't say the same for the other guy. Once he released the seats we had to jump, yes jump! out of the train and stand behind a white line while holding onto the barrier, we then had to wait for everyone to get out and we all walked down the stairs together. It honestly did shake me up a little but i don't think its put me off space mountain because of how lovely and well the cast member was at handling the situation.

I don't really have anything else to report! i had another wonderful time at disneyland, this was my 2nd time visiting the 20th anniversary season and dreams still blows me away, every night! it brings tears to my eyes.  Hope to be back soon! i have the disney blues now.

Sorry for not uploading any pictures but i don't know how and i just have a normal digital camera so they are nothing special quality wise!  also sorry for any mistakes as it's very late at night :P

thanks for reading :)

perrollaz

Wow, same happend to me with Dreams. I didn't believed that that would happen - but it really touched me strongly, having some tears too :-)

AislingM

What an experience on Space Mountain , you must have been terrified! Must have been interesting to get to see the layout of the ride in bright light though? We got stuck one year in the canon and had to climb down the side steps too but at least the ride hadn't started by then!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

natalie1313

Quote from: "AislingM"What an experience on Space Mountain , you must have been terrified! Must have been interesting to get to see the layout of the ride in bright light though? We got stuck one year in the canon and had to climb down the side steps too but at least the ride hadn't started by then!

yes i was! it was something i wont forget in a hurry. Yes it was interesting getting to see it all! i found it funny looking down to the bottom to see a broom while a pile of objects that people lose haha

SwipatronSparks

sounds like you had a good trip.... and your encounter in space mountain sounds like it was an interesting experience =]

as for uploading photos, if you follow the link in my signature it will take you to a thread on here that shows you how to upload photos to the site with (what i hope are) easy step by step instructions complete with screen shots =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

BlackPearl

You surely had an interesting and exciting time!  :D