River Rogue Keelboats gone missing

Started by Anthony, May 24, 2012, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Thanks Capt.  Still in recovery mode and sorry I missed you in Paris. I hope I am wrong, but I suspect they are gone.

Reibi, I agree, and at DLP they were particularly good as there was a hidden cave and some rapids areas. I only rode them once, but I remember people misbehaving and using language barriers as an excuse. I suspect this, as well as budgets are the reason they are gone.
since 2001 (many before that)

CentralPlazaPerson

Hidden caves? Where abouts Dave?

davewasbaloo

Under big thunder mountain - between the ride and the waterfall - the canoes would go past them and the falls, encounter rapids and then you would go through the arch.
since 2001 (many before that)

Festival Disney

:bump:
Potentially some good news, the current closure list suggests that the Keelboats will be open after February 15th :o

QuoteFebruary 2013
River Rogue Keelboats
1st to 15th

Closures and Refurbishments - DLRP Magic!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "Festival Disney":bump:
Potentially some good news, the current closure list suggests that the Keelboats will be open after February 15th :o

QuoteFebruary 2013
River Rogue Keelboats
1st to 15th

The website has changed, it's still closed. :(

Festival Disney

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"
Quote from: "Festival Disney":bump:

QuoteFebruary 2013
River Rogue Keelboats
1st to 15th

The website has changed, it's still closed. :(

The hope has gone  :lol:  :(
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "Festival Disney"The hope has gone  :lol:  :(
For now...

simonandwendy626

I hope they are open as we go on the 25th  February and would love to ride the keel-boats again

vdBurg

I fear they will never be in operation again, if i recall correctly there was an accident with the attraction in one of the American parks. Since then, the attraction basically has been banned from all the parks.

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "vdBurg"I fear they will never be in operation again, if i recall correctly there was an accident with the attraction in one of the American parks. Since then, the attraction basically has been banned from all the parks.

Yeah, I think one set on fire!

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "vdBurg"I fear they will never be in operation again, if i recall correctly there was an accident with the attraction in one of the American parks. Since then, the attraction basically has been banned from all the parks.

One of the boats in California capsized. No fire was involved. Also, the accident happened 10 years before the DLP attraction was put back in operation again in 2007 so it's unlikely to be the reason for its current closure.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

ford prefect

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"

One of the boats in California capsized. No fire was involved. Also, the accident happened 10 years before the DLP attraction was put back in operation again in 2007 so it's unlikely to be the reason for its current closure.

No Keelboat has caught fire, but Molly Brown caught fire in 2005, forcing her evacuation.  The Keelboat were used to evacuate her
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "ford prefect"No Keelboat has caught fire, but Molly Brown caught fire in 2005, forcing her evacuation.  The Keelboat were used to evacuate her

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the Keelboats' closure.

A few websites have falsely assumed that the event caused their reopening in 2007. Even when the attraction isn't operating, at least one Keelboat is kept ready in case a Riverboat or BTM needs to be evacuated by water.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

ford prefect

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"
Quote from: "ford prefect"No Keelboat has caught fire, but Molly Brown caught fire in 2005, forcing her evacuation.  The Keelboat were used to evacuate her

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the Keelboats' closure.

A few websites have falsely assumed that the event caused their reopening in 2007. Even when the attraction isn't operating, at least one Keelboat is kept ready in case a Riverboat or BTM needs to be evacuated by water.

True, I was correcting an inaccurate post and pointing out where the confusion may lay with regard to keelboats and their involvement with fire!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Ceh

I had no ideas this attraction existed, after quote some visits to the parc. Could someone give me an update about this ride? :-) I suppose it is gone and forgotten by now ..?