Mark Twain Riverboat - refurbishment boat house

Started by dreamdisney, February 29, 2012, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamdisney

Here are photos of the installation of the shed!

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/actualite/han ... t-landing/

dagobert

Thanks for the picture!

Why do they need a dry dock for the Mark Twain Riverboat? Is it going to stay or will it be removed after the refurb?

DGRavenswood

The article seems to suggest it'll be covered by a themed scrim much like the Gallion. Great idea as seeing the Molly Brown stripped down spoiled the view a bit.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Josh

So it's not temporary? That's great news. And it might help them to refurbish the boats quicker -- when they're protected from the elements. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DGRavenswood

I don't know if it's temporary... But if the duration of the Molly Brown refurb is any indication we'll probably see it around for a while either way!
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Josh

Looks like they're theming it! It looks like it might just be a tent, so it might not be permanent.

From @InsideDLParis:

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DGRavenswood

As I wrote:

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"The article seems to suggest it'll be covered by a themed scrim much like the Gallion.

;)

More photos here. Apparantly it's not quite finished yet.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

Anthony

A close-up on some of the boathouse detail: http://imgdash.com/9e2778b3.jpg

S. I. Clemens and M. Tobin?

And how it fits into the Frontierland story, according to Pat Burke himself:

Quote"In Thunder Mesa you will find the Burke & Burke Boat House where repairs and maintenance are performed on the Mark Twain and Molly Brown.  Supplies are also offered for all the river pilots and some well known rogues operating there.  Located near the Thunder Mesa Railroad Line just ahead of the station, allows needed repair lumber to be transported by rail right to the facility.  Needed forging and smithing on the ships, is also found at Rose's Blacksmith not to far away in town.  The BTM Mining Company's Minneapolis traction engine, parked at Rose's, has been used to pull and winch the ships into the front facility entrance on occasion to avoid damaged to the building and ship.  The Molly Brown just completed an extensive overhaul there, and the quality of their work can be appreciated by all guests who visit or reside at Thunder Mesa."
Source

CafeFantasia

If someone could design themed scrims to completely hide everything in the Backlot at the Walt Disney Studios Park, and make it actually look nice, that would be great :-)

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Anthony"S. I. Clemens and M. Tobin?

I think that's S. L. Clemens. As in Samuel Langhorne!

Quote from: "Alan"If someone could design themed scrims to completely hide everything in the Backlot at the Walt Disney Studios Park, and make it actually look nice, that would be great :-)

:D
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

Anthony

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"

And Margaret Brown (née Tobin), I get it now! Awesome. :)

Columbiad

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "DGRavenswood"

And Margaret Brown (née Tobin), I get it now! Awesome. :)

Haha! Thats fantastic! Love it when the Imagineers get you to laugh with these wee hidden things.

Patrick89

This is simply great. Hidden references like that are another small, but important feature distinguishing Disneyland from other parks! But it is a shame that Samuel Langhorne Clemens sounded familiar to me, but I didn't know who he is, even if I just read a book of Mark Twain not a long time ago ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Thaliel

Will Mark Twain ever be in service again? I never came to like Molly brown, it is just not as pretty as Mark twain is with the wheel being actually visible an the decorated chimneys, it just looks more elegant than Molly Brown does
<-Plz click

Patrick89

Well, Mark Twain won't be refurbished to just put it on the dump right afterwards ;) As with Molly Brown some time ago, it just needs a complete overhaul.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!