Meal Plan Bookings & Dairy Free Options

Started by gilmic, June 23, 2013, 10:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilmic

Hello everyone,

We leave for our first Euro Disney experience in two weeks and hoped you experts could answer a couple of food questions.

We've booked the standard meal package. Should we book restaurants in advance? Do you have recommendations for any of the buffet restaurants? The kids are 6 and 1 so fun and good kid choices are the most important considerations. :)

Also, I can't eat dairy and wondered how other allergy sufferers have found the options available at the standard meal package places? Or if its worth going for the special meals? Any advice?

Thank you so much for your help,
Emma

tubbsy

Hi Emma!
Sorry! Only just seen your post. If you havent done so, call and book your restaurants.
When you say you cant eat dairy. Are you talking in cooked food or dairy as in milk, cheese etc?
We have found the restaurants adaptable previously, just removing dairy toppings when listed on the menu.
Buffet is best though :) Does that help at all?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

Also-we love Inventions (if you can stretch to the extra)
I am hearing very different opinions of Plaza Gardens but REALLY good things about Agrabah Cafe :)
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dinin ... abah-cafe/

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

polar vixen

It all depends how bad your dairy intolerance/allergy is - my son is very intolerant, but we cope by telling asking staff what doesn't contain milk, there's usually plenty he can still eat at the buffets.  If we actually say he has an allergy though, they won't let him eat off the buffet at all, because of the risk of cross-contamination, and will bring out a selection of allergy safe micro meals.  (which you still end up paying full price for and are ABSOLUTELY horrible. )   Depending on how much you need to avoid it, in that case, table service restaurants will be best, as they can cook without milk.  If buffets are ok, plaza gardens is fantastic - they still had desserts that my kids could eat, fair enough it's jelly and fruit salad etc, but at least there's something.

tubbsy

So glad my two can eat food with cooked dairy in.
You cant beat a nice bowl of jelly! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

gilmic

Thanks for your help!

I don't eat any dairy, cooked or not, but don't worry too much about cross contamination - I'll eat products labelled not suitable for milk allergies as long as the ingredient list doesn't have milk products listed. Sounds like the buffets will be OK for me.

Do the hotel breakfast buffets offer an OK selection if you don't have dairy? Have told hotel so am hoping for at least some dairy free milk!

Thanks again for the info,

Emma

polar vixen

We've only had brekkie at the davy crockett ranch, they gave us soya milk as alternative milk, and we couldn't have croissants or the sweet mini loaves, but the petit pain/baguettes were fine.  If you're at another hotel, they'll probably have cold meats and fruit salad at least aswell.  Not sure about dairy free margarine.  (We froze a pack, and took it with us, as long as rooms aren't too hot, it should keep ok.)