Where to eat 1 day no meal plan

Started by donnadaydream, July 01, 2016, 11:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnadaydream

Hi
We have 1 day tickets for both parks for the 21st July. As part of the ticket booking we got a free voucher for money off Planet Hollywood so thought we;d go there. However now I'm properly researching I've seen bad reviews. I accept wherever we go isn't going to be cheap but would hate to be paying loads for a rubbish meal. I will be coming with my husband, 11 year old son (relatively picky) and my 13 year old nephew (will eat most stuff) so buffet also sounded ideal but I have had a gastric bypass so would be a waste of money for me. Will the buffet places allow me not to eat? Or would I have to pay anyway? Any other suggestions? Best times for 1 main meal? We'll probably take stuff for snacks or grab a burger etc as another meal

polar vixen

I don't think buffets will let you sit without paying per person, and they'd certainly be your best value, personally we love plaza gardens and your food is instant so you're not losing precious park time waiting to be served.  as far as table service I don't think theres much can beat bistrot chez remy, in so many regards, and then you only pay for what you want- the menu is limited but kids meal is fairly simple so will accommodate most fussy eaters, or you could share a meal, this is about 10 euros more than you would pay for a buffet, per person, and service can take a while.  you're worth weighing up that most table service restaurants would cost you double what the buffet would per person, so even if one person doesn'[t eat it would still probably work out more expensive

magicmum

Café Mickey is a good option with children as its food & guaranteed characters all in one. Food would suit your children & is a little more refined for adults. As polar vixen says, Chez Remy is very good and the atmosphere is second to none. I've eaten at both of these and would recommend. I know you are in the park for a limited time but both of these are more than a meal - a real experience as lovely as any ride.