Walt's - An American Restaurant — Main Street, U.S.A.

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 02:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwipatronSparks

Yep adventureland was lookig onto main street we watched the parade from the window while we had our desert :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

captain rocket

I have eaten at Walts several times, my last visit was yesterday! I had a crab starter and Walts Gourmet burger!
This just confirmed what my last few visits told me. The service is poor, the price is high and the food is average!!!
The one thing in its favour is the atmosphere which is superb! Everyone who can afford the money should try it, but don't expect greatness!
Small point. They have always served Coke in glass bottles, but yesterday it came in a glass and was warm and flat, ie no bubbles! it was changed when requested but should never have been served this way and would'nt be in a class restaurant.
I have always loved cafe Agrabah, but my current favourite is the Rendevous des Stars in the Studios, We always eat just before twelve and have the place to ourselves for a short while and always have a little time with the animatronic rat!

ford prefect

In 15+ visits to Walts we have never had a bad meal or poor service.  There maybe a first time but I hope not!

We never request a particular seat, however my favourite table in in the Discoveryland room.

As for menu choices, I usually have the Caesar salad followed by sirloin or charlois with either creme brûlée or cheesecake for dessert.

All washed down with a bottle of st Emilion grand Cru Bordeaux.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

ilovedisneylandparis

Me and my boyfriend went in June and liked it a lot! I do agree that the Walt's Gourmet Burger is a little on the basic side (it came with potato-waffle-y sort of things which was a bit like standard oven food) but it did have foie gras with it which impressed us ! Plus I think that they have the burger on the menu for the fussy person of the group - you know the person who doesn't like any of the other 'fancier' stuff and often opts for a burger to be on the safe side (embarrassingly enough that's often me, ha). Although I had the chicken last time and loved it!

We were sat in Discoveryland right by the window by Main Street, it was quite a quiet day which might explain why we got it, but I suppose if the tables are free they like to seat people in the best spots! The service was excellent too, we really enjoyed ourselves. Also, the loop that gets played in there is AMAZING, when they played the Steamboat Willie medley and then Minnie's Yoo Hoo I was so happy! Definitely worth a visit, and also really nice for a break from the noisier counter service restaurants :D

captain rocket

I think you are lucky, Ford prefect, to have found Walts so consistently good!  Maybe I am too fussy, but can only speak as I find and feel that the quality of service and food has slowly declined since my first meal there in 1992! i can even remember what I had!  New England  Clam Chowder and Steak which blew my mind!
Just a small tip for those seats by the window, they seem to be mostly for two people, so if you are a couple you stand a better chance than a larger group!
I hope you have a great meal when you go Hawain Rollercoaster!

disneydreamer_x

Hello,
I am going to Disneyland for the 16th-20th December. My daughter wants to eat at Walt's  on her birthday. The park c loses at 7pm but we don't usually eat till later. Does Walt's close this early or even earlier for dreams or will it stay open later? Would like to know asap as I would like to reserve it if it doesn't close early. Thanks.for your help

Elaine

if the park closes at 7pm,  Walts will only be open for meals up til about 4.30pm.  Walts is also often closed all day on Mondays and Tuesdays. You could call the Disney dining reservation line tomorrow and find out Walts' opening hours/days during your visit.

disneydreamer_x

Thanks for your help!

hawian rollercoaster

we often find this closed in feb where can i find a list of resturant closures.

Elaine

Quote from: "hawian rollercoaster"we often find this closed in feb where can i find a list of resturant closures.

you can't - the only thing you can do is call the Dining reservation line and ask them what days/times etc each table/buffet service restaurant you're interested in is closed during your stay.

capitrueno

Hi!

Does anyone know if Walt's is still offering the Dinner+VIP passes for dreams package?

Thanks!
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland Paris proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nightime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!

Deff

Just thought I'd share my experience after my visit last december. While I agree that service could be better for an 'upscale' restaurant (compared to restaurants outside the parc...), I found the service still more then adequate. Me and my girlfriend had booked a table for lunch about an hour in advance. We arrived as one of the first and were seated at a table with a view over Main Street. I can certainly recommend this to any other couple as these tables are situated away from group tables, providing for a very calm atmosphere with a great view over Main street. We both had the starter + main course menu at 28.99 together with a bottle of white wine. We went for the starter with goat cheese and the Cod in a spicy crust as main course.  I must say that overal we were very satisfied with the quality and the taste of the food.

While a restaurant like this may be a bit to pricey to have all of your meals hear during your stay, I personally find this kind of a meal to be of greater value then any of the fish and chips or burgers offered in the parcs. The burgers and fish and chips type of food usually sets you back 10-15 euros for something you could have for half the price in a regular fast food restaurant. But finding a dining experience like Walts or Blue Lagoon anywhere else below (or even at) this price point will be a lot harder. This is just my opinion, and Walts and Blue Lagoon are the only table service restaurants in the parcs that I have tried out so far.

capitrueno

Just called to dining reservations in order to book a Walt's dinner+Walt's VIP pass package, but I've been told it is not available any more :(
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland Paris proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nightime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!

perrollaz

Do you mean the one (VIP package) for priority access to Dreams?

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: "capitrueno"Just called to dining reservations in order to book a Walt's dinner+Walt's VIP pass package, but I've been told it is not available any more :(

Quote from: "perrollaz "Do you mean the one (VIP package) for priority access to Dreams?

Yes that one, I called the dining reservations yesterday and was told the same thing, they have stopped that offer  :(
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016