Critter Coral (Frontierland) closed ?

Started by Magicboy, June 06, 2007, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicboy

Is the Critter Coral in Fronterland closed for always ?
Who know more details ?

Jake

Critter Coral has been closed for a while now i think, and there are no animals there as far as i remember!

Disneys Davy Crocket Ranch provides animals and pony rides to see, if your interested:)

CraigDLRP!

Thank the magic of cost-cutting...

Kristof

QuoteThank the magic of cost-cutting...

And thanks to that we can have 4 new attractions, refurbs everywhere and a big 15th Anniversary celebration.

Anonymous

Well, to be honest, if I want to see animals I'd go to a zoo or a farm - not Disney.

tubbsy

So whatdoes eveyone think they might do with the space? It makes sense to me not to have it anymore, but it does seem a shame to just have it sat there empty-and not very Disney pretty either, if you know what I mean.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Soap

They should place something intresting, something which pulls people there. It's a bit dull at the moment there.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Well this was the original spot for Splash Mountain.  It would be wonderful to think they are making way for it now ToT is nearly completed!

I used to love Critter Corral and the woodcarver.  These are the Disney differences.  I wish the Europeans and the management got it!  Crush's Coaster may be fun, but it really is the anti Disney.
since 2001 (many before that)

Nala_84

I love(d) Critter Corral and think it's a shame it's closed now, if they have a smaller budget now why don't they close the Shooting Gallery or something else boring?! It can't be THAT expensive though to feed some chicken and sheep, of course they don't need to bring all the animals back, but maybe a few of them...

Critter Corral just belongs to Frontierland, to the "far west". It was built as an element of Walt's youth/childhood on a farm and so I think it's just DISNEY. If it'll be closed forever that'd be a big minus for me in my opinion about the park....  :?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quotethe Shooting Gallery or something else boring?

The shooting gallery does not need a CM to assist the guests, AND guest have to pay for it...  Wouldn't make sense to close that one down, would it?  :? :wink:

Besides, blaming cost-cutting is just a suggestion or interpretation.  We're not sure why it's actual closed down...  I'll ask around what the real reason is and keep you all posted.

Nala_84

Oh yes, I forgot people have to pay for it so it really wouldn't make sense to close it, you're right! Bad example  :lol:

Yeah, would be great if you'll tell us the reason when you get an answer :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Nicholas-c

im sure the shooting gallery brings in ALOT of money

disney have closed it for a reason and as said davy crocket has the same thing
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Well this was the original spot for Splash Mountain.  It would be wonderful to think they are making way for it now ToT is nearly completed!

I used to love Critter Corral and the woodcarver.  These are the Disney differences.  I wish the Europeans and the management got it!  Crush's Coaster may be fun, but it really is the anti Disney.

I agree, hopefully this will be a later ride expansion for frontierland which hopefully will be splash mountain.

steppelemming

I really hope they bring in Splash mountain, it will really do a lot for that area of the park.  I have to say my favourite ride in Florida was always splash mountain so if they build one at DLRP it will just give me another excuse to visit again  :lol:
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come