What sort of street entertainment would you like to see?

Started by gingajen, April 23, 2012, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingajen

If you could see any type of entertainment in the parks, what would it be? I mean things similar to the happenings on the 12th April, or the little live bands that very occasionally turn up.
I would love to see a steel drum band in Fantasy Land during the Summer months, playing classic Disney hits- Under the Sea especially. It's such a small thing but I think it would sound amazing in the sun and really encourage a party feel to the place.

dagobert

I would like to see more bands and musicians throughout the parks, like in the early years of DLP.

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "dagobert"I would like to see more bands and musicians throughout the parks, like in the early years of DLP.
for sure! ;-)
bands in each land, live music in restaurants and a return of a 'real' stage in disney village!  :D/
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

15MagicalYears

I feel Main Street needs street entertainment most, it should feel like people are living in the street - like WDW where you often see the mayor of Main Street.

I'd love to see the Trolley Show, I never walk by it when in WDW and it really just emphasises the whole feeling and atmosphere of Main Street -
[youtube:p8r0xgw1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLwP2txguds[/youtube:p8r0xgw1]

And of course the fantastic Dapper Dans.

norhel

I agree with 15MagicalYears, the trolley show, and Dapper Dans, would be something that would fit well in DLP.
To bad DLP isn't doing so well with live entertainment now...
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

alternativerock123

I enjoy the live bands - but yeah the Dapper Dans would be AWESOME! They weren't out when I went to Cal - but seeing the small group in the Adventureland show on the 20th was pretty cool.

But even if they re-show the 20th shows (like the old Mary Poppins show) that would be nice to. Or just some form of singing musical entertainment.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

CherryPie

Love the bands idea, the steel drum band would be so perfect in Fantasyland!

I would also like to see more things happening on Main Street as that is the first place you experience when you get to the park, it would be lovely to have something wonderful to set the happy/feel good mood when you get there.
For me personally, I love Barbershop Quartets and think a group like that singing accapella (sp?) would fit with the Main St theming nicely.
Past Visits
March 25th-28th 2012 - Santa Fe
Planned Visits
November 8th-11th 2012 - Santa Fe

\":mickey2:\"

Thaliel

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I feel Main Street needs street entertainment most, it should feel like people are living in the street - like WDW where you often see the mayor of Main Street.

I remember the "good morning Main Street" parade from my very first visit. It was just the 2 cars, the horse-drwan cars and a few people walking by foot in typical attire, accompanied by a happy "Good Morning" tune, waving at the visitors, honking the cars# horns and just giving everyone a nice start into the day (although I could no longer bring myself to get up early enough to actually be in the parc directly at opening time or for the extra hours)
Something like that is really missing nowadays.
<-Plz click