20th | Disneyland Paris: 20 Years of Dreams book

Started by lyndom01, April 22, 2012, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Anthony"I sent my details late last night and got the order confirmation at 2.30pm today, so they're pretty quick!

Thanks!  Hopefully I should get a confirmation e mail tomorrow! :D/

They say "The shipment will take place within 15 days by DHL", so it might still be a bit of a wait yet. :-)

From what I've seen I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :D   Altho I will be at the door every time the postie comes in anticipation! lol!

Josh

Quote from: "Anthony"€10.82 isn't too bad for shipping, although with our terrible exchange rate and no AP discount that just cost me £49.74. Gulp. Maybe I should have tried to sponge a free review copy for DLRP Today? ;)
Is this what it's like when you start becoming a serious Disney Parks fan? I think I've spent £150 on three books in this year! I'm not doing that again. xD

Now it's just a race to see which will get here first: this one or "DLP: From Sketch to Reality".
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "Anthony"€10.82 isn't too bad for shipping, although with our terrible exchange rate and no AP discount that just cost me £49.74. Gulp. Maybe I should have tried to sponge a free review copy for DLRP Today? ;)
Is this what it's like when you start becoming a serious Disney Parks fan? I think I've spent £150 on three books in this year! I'm not doing that again. xD

Me too! :thumbs:

Now it's just a race to see which will get here first: this one or "DLP: From Sketch to Reality".

I wonder whether we might get both this book and from sketch to reality within a short time of one another??  I've already warned DH that I will have my head in one or both books as soon as they arrive; especially with our impending trip on the 5th June. :D/

Herc Fan

I also got a reply really fast, confirming that the book can be ordered! :)
Have not had a shipping confirmation yet though. :(

aliscrapper

Just received confirmation of my order for the book:

"Good afternoon,

I acknowledge receipt of your order for:

- 1  20 th anniversary book at 49.99€

Shipping charges: 10.82€

Total of order:  60.81€

The shipment will take place within 15 days by DHL.

Many thanks, have a great day.

Best regards,

DutchBrit

What do you mean, terrible exchange rate? Changing pounds into euros is much better these days: terrible is what it is when you've got euros and have to pay for something in pounds, as we've just experienced on a trip back to the UK!

Herc Fan

I also got a confirmation today, shipping within 15 days, can't wait! :D

never2old

So has anyone seen a copy of the book yet?

I'm also waiting for mine to be delivered, 15 days seems such a long time!!!!

Herc Fan

Some images can be found on this Blog:
http://www.titash.net/blog/disneyland-p ... of-dreams/

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Herc Fan"Some images can be found on this Blog:
http://www.titash.net/blog/disneyland-p ... of-dreams/

Oh wow!  Thanks for the link! :thumbs:   Can't wait til mine is delivered! :D

pinkboxers

Wow, it takes them 15 days now? Last week it was 'only' 10. Could that be because the book/20th anniversary merch in general is popular or some other reason?
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

Anthony

Quote from: "DutchBrit"What do you mean, terrible exchange rate? Changing pounds into euros is much better these days: terrible is what it is when you've got euros and have to pay for something in pounds, as we've just experienced on a trip back to the UK!
I'm pretty sure it still works out far worse for us compared to how the two historically matched. At €49.99, this book should really have a value closer to £32.99 or less (similar to the 192-page Walt Disney Imagineering book), but in fact I'll be paying at least £40.67.

mattboywonder

Got mine this weekend.  Disapointed I could not use my annual pass discount.  The book was NOT displayed in any of the stores I looked. I asked in the Emporium and was directed to the Storybook Store where again I had to ask and they had them behind the cashdesk, not actually on display.

It worked out just over £40 - expensive but it is a lovely book and I don't personally buy a lot of merchandise usually
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Anthony"I'm pretty sure it still works out far worse for us compared to how the two historically matched. At €49.99, this book should really have a value closer to £32.99 or less (similar to the 192-page Walt Disney Imagineering book), but in fact I'll be paying at least £40.67.

But the pound is currently higher than it's been for at least a couple of years against the euro, if not ever. So I'm not sure you would ever have got a 50 euro book for much less than you are paying now and at certain times, it would have been much nearer to 50 pounds. It was almost 1 pound= 1 euro a couple of christmases back, I remember.

What is true is that prices are rising faster in the eurozone, but that doesn't have anything to do with the exchange rate per se.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'm still undecided as to whether I want one. Well, I obviously want one, but the price is very high for a book. I'm a little disappointed that they seem to have used marketing images for the 2012 pages and I'm hoping that's just because it was written before the 20th Anniversary and not indicative of the book as a whole. Also, being in French and English there is not going to be a great deal to read. While photos are nice, I'd like a good chunk of text to go with it, like From Sketch to Reality.

I'll be there in 4 days, and knowing me I will end up buying a copy. I had intended to order a copy via mail order but have been having second thoughts!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13