Magic Everywhere - 12th - 15th April - Day 2 Added

Started by Handy Andy, April 16, 2012, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Great, great report so far - I really like reading all these reports from around the 12th of April. Those special celebrations really look like they should be performed more often. It's almost a shame to see such a good, fun, themed show as Frontierland Celebrates! only being used this one day. ever.

It looks like you had a wonderful time there :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Aurora1

I feel the same, these shows should be performed more often.
Great pictures, thank you for posting.
My daughter went crazy again seeing Angel. She always asks, why she isn`t doing meet and greets, if she is therre sometimes.
THat`s another nice thing in these shows, characters, that are usually not there.
Aurora1

littlemermaid83

Great report so far! Makes me wish even more that I was there.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Handy Andy

After a short drive to The Adagio we checked in with no problems and made our way to our appartment.

The appartment was roughly what we were expecting. Cheap and cheerful but nice and clean. I'd recommend the Adagio to anyone on a budget.

A nice suprise was that we were about 50 yards from the entrance to the Val d' Europe shopping centre, so we decided to have quick look around the food court and get a snack. The choice of restaurants was varied and a lot cheaper than Disney, although quite a few of them did not open until the evening. So we grabbed a quick McDonalds as we were keen to get back to the park.

As we arrived back at the park Main Street celebrates was just coming to an end. This was a rework of the Mary Poppins show that was on a couple of years ago but included Duffy.

We had a slow walk to Discoveryland to find out what was going to happen at 7pm. We stood chatting a fantastic cast member Simone
but she would not tell us what was going to happen.

We had some time to kill and at 6.30pm we decided to do our one and only ride of the day, It's A Small World.

As we made our way back to Discoveryland we bumped into this fellow.

It turned out it was a repeat of the Discoveryland celebrates show for Prince Al-Walid and his family. We were allowed to take a few photos and then asked to move on before the show started.

We then made our way to Central Plaza and wait for Dreams to start.

I can't find the words to describe Dreams. The show is the best thing ever done at DLP. I had seen some of the videos on youtube but none of them even come close to seeing it live. The perfect end to a perfect day at Disneyland Paris.

Magical Wishes
Andy

littlemermaid83

More more!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Epcot_Boy

Now there's one little man who does like his characters :lol:  Nice read :thumbs:

David

Handy Andy

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Now there's one little man who does like his characters :lol:  Nice read :thumbs:

Sometimes the quest for autographs would be worthy of Indiana Jones but good fun all the same.
Magical Wishes
Andy

Handy Andy

Despite planning an early start no-one remembered to set their alarm and so we woke at about 10.15am. After a quick cup of coffee and a bath, Thomas had a couple of croissants and we headed for the park.

We arrived about 11.30am and headed straight for Frontierland via Main Street. Look who we found with virtually no queue, no-where near as popular when Mickey's not with him.

After having had only one ride the previous day we wanted to try to get our fill today. However, the queue for the Fastpass for BTM looked at least 30 minutes so we headed through to Adventureland for Pirates of the Caribbean which was virtually a walk on, so much so that we headed back round for a second go as soon as we'd finished. This time there was a brief queue of only about 5-10 minutes. After this we headed for Fantasyland and got our Fastpasses for Peter Pan. Still determined to get more rides in we headed off to Snow White where there as 20 minute queue so we took the opportunity to take some picture and appreciate the detail.

We had lunch at Au Chalet de la Marionette; half a roasted chicken for Julie, hot dog for me and chicken burger for Thomas. Time now for our Fastpass for Peter Pan.

We walked back through Adventureland towards Frontierland where we met Rafiki and Thomas played the African drum.

The BTM Fastpass still had a huge queue so we gave it a miss and so we continued round for a trip on the Molly Brown followed by a visit to Phantom Manor (not one of Thomas's favourites).

We headed through to Discoveryland where we took a trip on Star Tours and decided to get our spot for the parade. On walking past It's a Small World there was virtually no queue so we had a ride on that and then decided to watch the parade from the extended queueing area for Small World right at the start of the parade.

After the parade we fought our way through the crowd for our second Fastpass ride on Peter Pan. We wanted to check our Reservation for Cafe Mickey that evening so while Julie headed for City Hall while Thomas and I tried once again to get a Fastpass for BTM only to find them closed. On meeting Julie at City Hall we discovered we didn't actually have a booking for Cafe Mickey today, it was in fact for Saturday. Dilemna now on where we should eat. We headed for the Disneyland Hotel to ask a question at the Concierge Desk and took the opportunity to take some pictures in the foyer with the 20th Anniversary carpet.

We took a slow walk through the village checking the various menus before finally agreeing on The Chicago Steakhouse. Myself and Julie went for the Menu Jazz both choosing the Rump steak while Thomas had chicken breast. The service here is fantastic and it's so nice to have a meal where the tables aren't packed tightly together. I had the Apple pie for desert whilst Julie had mini deserts and Thomas had ice cream.

After dinner we headed back to the park and took the opportunity for a few more photos of the 20th Anniversary sign. We especially liked the way Tinkerbell's wings change colour.

We took up a spot in Main Street ready for Dreams and today we appreciated the show rather than trying to take pictures. We did find that tonight we were noticing more detail, perhaps as a result of the straight on view rather than from the side the previous day. Regardless it was once again a fantastic show. After this we headed back to the Adagio with a mental note to remember to set alarm!
Magical Wishes
Andy

DisneyDancer92

Lovely trip report- I have a soft spot for Fantasyland dark rides (Snow white and Pinnocchio especially), and I just love pics of the murals in the queuing areas- so thank you for those, now Im really excited for my own trip in august :D! Very jealous about the 20th celebrations, its looks like an amazing day :D

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

Epcot_Boy

Highly enjoyable :)  Can't beat a great trip report (With great photos). Thanks for sharing :)

David