Spoiler question about Phantom Manor

Started by Simba 27, April 08, 2012, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "Patrick89"As David said, it's a question of daylight if you want to see the Phantom. I didn't find a better photo of it right now, but I think this is sufficient as well ;)

Concerning the bride, I hope you can at least see that someone/something is in the middle window ;) Didn't find a better one, too...

Is it me or does the head of the phantom look 'blank' like a dummy?

:ears: DisneyManiac :ears:

Scissorsboi

I think the Phantom has a painted black head/neck so that at night he looks more etherial and spooky in the window. As for the shutter, yes one of them does move and bang back onto the building, but it's an effect I rarely get to see because I thought it was broken!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

isani

Quote from: "shades"[spoiler:ua7cklbf]The lifts do descend, although probably not a massive amount, perhaps 3m. The show building is behind the manor but there are trees hiding it.[/spoiler:ua7cklbf]
Spoilered since not everybody wants to see backstage...

[spoiler:ua7cklbf]And here's a picture of the ride building from above. I think it's kind of amusing how much bigger the ride is compared to the manor building. That's really the Tardis of manors  :)
[/spoiler:ua7cklbf]

Ezra

[spoiler:29x37p4t]Phantom Manor and DLR Haunted Mansion have the same layout; hence the elevator for the Stretching Room. As when the original Haunted Mansion was built the show building was outside the berm so there is an underground passage.

WDW didn't need this but they wanted to keep the same effect for their Mansion; so they made the roof raise. TDL's Mansion does the same. WDW and TDL Mansion's have a couple extra scenes and therefore a longer ride time. The portrait gallary is also on-ride unlike DLR Mansion and the Manor where it is part of the queue/loading area.[/spoiler:29x37p4t]

Also DGRavenswood I love your Manor site! Beautiful layout.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Javey74

Quote from: "justjes"Have seen the phantom, but never have seen the bride. Will look for her next time
Here's the Bride, which I was luckily enough to meet at the Halloween Soiree October 2007. A really strange experience for me when we interlocked hands, she looked directly into my eyes giving me a subtle smile, I've never experienced such a hypnotic glare in my life..  :twisted:

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "justjes"Have seen the phantom, but never have seen the bride. Will look for her next time
Here's the Bride, which I was luckily enough to meet at the Halloween Soiree October 2007. A really strange experience for me when we interlocked hands, she looked directly into my eyes giving me a subtle smile, I've never experienced such a hypnotic glare in my life..  :twisted:

She should be a Disney Princess!  :lol: