My review of sequioa lodge and dlp:)

Started by stumpe, March 15, 2012, 08:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpe

Just back from 4 days at the park with my wife and 3 year / 6 month old boys, i had a great time in both parks with the boys and my 3 year old had the time of his life. :D

Arrived on sunday 11th and due to a train fault we was nearly 3 hours late getting to the park so we missed quite a big chunk of the afternoon (train had a brake fault at ebbsfleet and we had to go back to london to get on another 1).

Quite busy on the sunday afternoon and also on Monday, tues / wens was much better and no more than 20 mins quieing time on most rides (world record of 9 times on buzz ride in one afternoon).

Hotel was fantastic and rooms look very nice and new due to the refurb, hotel staff were also great and nothing to much trouble, room was very clean and all ready for when we arrived, last day they had some issues with the lifts as none were working for a few hours but by the time to check out all working again.

My shareholders card saved me a lot of money on dinners and gifts, i would say around €150 - 200 in total over the 4 days i was there, dinner in hotel for 2 adults meant a free meal for my boy :lol:, they even accepted it in planet hollywood.

Nearly 2000 photos taken and 45 mins of video :D  :D  :D

+ points - Hotel was great, short walk to the park, excellent view from room as right above the front doors on floor 5, buffet dinner was great and loads of choices, breakfast was also good and gave us lunch everyday ;), parks not to busy and generally staff quite friendly, free coffee everyday with the vouchers (and sometimes 2/3 vouchers as bought things seperately), always use the hotel room charge card as saves a massive amount of credit card fees being applied for all the seperate purchases (were accepted though)

- points - Loads of building work still going on in both the parks and u do see clouds of smoke from this work and dirty builders with tools walking around (something u would never see in the US as been 6 times before), rude visitors in general :( , some staff with faces like a smacked bum, not enough food places open as my boy was looking forward to eating in the buzz cafe but it was shut the whole time (off season).

Thats about it :D , all in all had a great time and already looking at going back again in sept for the wifes 40th (well thats what i am telling her ;) )

Lee

Rafael

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was nice reading your report and I´m looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.  :D

lynny

thinking of staying at sequia this year instead of HNY whats the breakfast like is it totally contienental?
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

ed-uk

It's totally continental, although I've read somewhere else on the forum that a hot breakfast is available for extra money.
Ed & David