20th | 12th April 2012

Started by dagobert, March 12, 2012, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Handy Andy"@ 13:45  I'm the one with the backpack.  :thumbs:
Cool! :mrgreen:

Here are the first two videos I shot of the "Celebrates" events, starting with Fantasyland:

[youtube:vp4to9yl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4q3W6fL-xA[/youtube:vp4to9yl]
And then the far, far superior Frontierland:

[youtube:vp4to9yl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5jS5M2vnWE[/youtube:vp4to9yl]
Simple but entertaining. I think that's actually one of the best small shows I've seen in the parks.

Aurora1

Oh so jealous!! I still dream about seeing all the dwarfs!!

Showed Lara the picture from the celeration in Discoveryland. She almost startet walking there seeing Angel in The picture!! ;)  ;)
Aurora1

Anthony

Adventureland Celebrates! This is not a great video by any means due to the impractical location (creating a single-file bottleneck, apparently over my feet, towards Indy), which is a shame because the show was awesome.

[youtube:2q95l1sh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjfQPphxEV4[/youtube:2q95l1sh]
I'm biased as a Jungle Book fan, but again I think it might be one of the best smaller shows I've ever seen at the park. Simple but well produced, entertaining and doesn't overstay its welcome. It reminds me a lot of the Minnie's Fly Girls streetmosphere show at DCA, only purely musical. The fact they could get together and rehearse this vocal group just for a single day of performances is quite startling. Has Disneyland Paris showed itself up on April 12th for the kind of entertainment it should be offering every week?

captain rocket

I agree with your comment, Anthony. When we saw these shows last week we were over the moon, then we gathered our thoughts together and decided that this is what entertainment at DLRP should be like all the time! We are still buzzing from last week's visit and it is a long time since we felt like this after a visit!

ford prefect

Surely the best thing for us all to do is to write a letter saying this is what we want!  And I mean a snail mail handwritten letter addressed to M. Gas.

Forget emails and phone calls, a letter always attracts more attention
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "ford prefect"Surely the best thing for us all to do is to write a letter saying this is what we want!  And I mean a snail mail handwritten letter addressed to M. Gas.

Forget emails and phone calls, a letter always attracts more attention

Yes, I would encourage everyone to do this... if they get enough positive feedback about everything on the 12th there is a chance some of these shows could become a more regular feature
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

15MagicalYears

Does anyone have the address you would recommend sending this letter?

littlemermaid83

Having just watched Frontierland and Adventure Celebrates, I don't understand why these cant be daily shows. I thought the Frontierland show was fantastic, live country music and dancing.

There really isn't any live entertainment in the parks at the moment, if we are not including the parade, dreams and the 20th train.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ford prefect

M. Philippe Gas
CEO EuroDisney SCA
BP100
F-77777 Marne-la-Vallée Chessy
Cedex 4
France
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!