20th | Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train

Started by Festival Disney, January 14, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

QuoteFrom April 1, 2012, Disneyland Paris invites its guests to celebrate its 20th anniversary, in sparkling and magical style. Throughout this exceptional year, lots of surprises and new features have been imagined, to provide an explosion of magic, lights and colour. Disneyland Park will be hosting "Disney DreamsĀ®!", an amazing night-time show, "Disney Magic on Parade!", a new parade, and "Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train" and "Meet Mickey Mouse" (opening spring 2012), to have magical encounters with their favourite Disney characters.
And to the delight of its visitors, Europe's leading tourist destination will be donning extra special decor to celebrate this landmark anniversary in a fitting manner.
(the blurb from this video)
[youtube:31dscbm5]
[/youtube:31dscbm5]

Guessing that Casey Junior's coming back again!!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

Nooooo! What a shame. I thought we'd seen the last of him. I hope he gets a decent makeover this time! Something a bit more classy then the last incarnation.

BadKid

Quote from: "Columbiad"Nooooo! What a shame. I thought we'd seen the last of him. I hope he gets a decent makeover this time! Something a bit more classy then the last incarnation.

I agree. I think he needs a new make-over.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

15MagicalYears

Truly disappointed with this, move it to the Studios or keep it on the current Dance Express route. It totally ruins the atmosphere on main street when it makes it way to Central Plaza.

Josh

Noooo. This is what they meant by that Main Street event in the brochure, isn't it?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

Quote from: "Meph"Noooo. This is what they meant by that Main Street event in the brochure, isn't it?

Yup, I think it's either gonna be the Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train or Dance Express.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

mattboywonder

Quote from: "Meph"Noooo. This is what they meant by that Main Street event in the brochure, isn't it?

Ha! They can still get some more milage out of this baby!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

littlemermaid83

Wow I thought the train would of been gone for good.

I can't imagine what dreadful mix of music they will use this time.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

AAAAAAAAAAH. So garish.

15MagicalYears

My goodness, that's an eyesore. I feel nauseous just looking at it. Although it does look like it'll be getting a full make-over, which is better than that patchwork of themes that accumulated over the years.

peter

Is it just me, or does it look like the designers may have been eating "brownies" ?

davewasbaloo

And here it is, I was hoping MSUSA would have reverted to it's opening day glory with loads of vehicles running and 3 or 4 musical groups like the dapper same, the keystone jazz group, the piano player at Casey's and the marching band. that is a 20TH Birthday present that would have made me very happy.
since 2001 (many before that)

BadKid

Quote from: "Columbiad"

MY EYES!
It's nice, but there's too much colours. Is there any official colours of the 20th anniversary (if you get what I mean)?
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

davewasbaloo

Looks like a Pride Parade....
since 2001 (many before that)

Scissorsboi

Nah, I've been to Prides which are far less garish than this!

I hope that it comes out of the Fantasyland parade gates, to the Hub where it loops and then goes back off the way it came. Keeping Main St clean of interruptions for once. It's acceptable to me for a parade to pass through as that was on the original plans, but this is just clutter where it could be the specifically designed Main St designed vehicles instead.

Speaking of travesties on Main Street, I wonder if there'll be a return of AlphaBetYouAre?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.